CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

Writers, would you take a job like this?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Writers, would you take a job like this? Empty Writers, would you take a job like this?

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:15 am

Say a company came to you that is currently suffering business loss due to a few negative online reviews. The company asks you to compose a series of reviews from a customer point of view singing the company's praises, only you have never been a customer. Would you take the job and basically just write fiction for them for business purposes?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Writers, would you take a job like this? Empty Re: Writers, would you take a job like this?

Post by Supernova Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:40 pm

No, I wouldn't endorse Pepsi because I hate it, and I wouldn't write up fictitious reviews for a site I've never had any firsthand experience to know if they're bastards or not.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Writers, would you take a job like this? Empty Re: Writers, would you take a job like this?

Post by Forgiveness Man Fri Sep 23, 2011 5:35 pm

No because that would be deception. I am not going to be passing my fiction off as true events. If people ever see a novel written by me in the stores/online (or see a movie/tv show, whatever), they're going to know that I intend it to be viewed as what it is, fiction. (Albeit fiction with a relatable storyline.) But writing fake reviews that I don't believe in? Pass.
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Wed Nov 02, 2011 1:16 am

I would need to try the product to see if it has any redeeming qualities. If I can find two or three to string together, I'd do it. If anything it would be more of a creative challenge.
    zthatzmanz28
    zthatzmanz28
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 13

Post by zthatzmanz28 Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:17 am

Isn't that what a copy writer does? Most advertisments are written by people who have to connection to a product. My job as a copy witer is to increase sales / interest in a product.
    Now if they want a personal endorsement from an unknown, I would definately need more information so I could possibly write positive press if that were my feelings..

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:21 pm