CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
RedBedroom
JADACITY
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
8 posters

Fiction You've Written

Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Fiction You've Written Empty Fiction You've Written

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:36 am

Anybody else besides me here write any fiction ever? (Published or unpublished) Tell us about it.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Fiction You've Written Empty Re: Fiction You've Written

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:42 pm

When I was a kid I used to read a lot. A LOT. And I started writing my own books/stories when I was about 8 or 9 yrs old. I would handwrite them on notebook paper and then my parents bought me a typewriter. Never got past 7 pages, I would start one, then start a completely different one, etc......I used to have the rough drafts of what I did a while ago but now I can't find them. It was some pretty good shit for a 8 yr old too. I don't know why I never pursued it. As far as being published....does anyone remember those Weekly Readers in grade school? Well, I was a big fan of those and they had some kind of contest where kids from all over the nation could enter by writing a story about the danger of pollution and what it does to our planet, etc and I entered into that. I didn't get published in Weekly Reader, but my school did print the story in a newsletter so that's the closet thing I've ever had to being published.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:00 pm

Weekly Readers, gosh I had totally forgotten all about them. I think I only got them for like the first year or something. Although I doubt I could really have written a good story about pollution, but then again, I didn't write much beyond them Reading Rainbow contests back then. Now, I try to write a lot. Razz
    JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

Post by JADACITY Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:58 pm

Nothing published but I took creative writing in school. I have five binders full of long and short stories, plus a number of essays I have written. Haven't written in years but I used to when I was a kid and young adult. I keep saying I'm gonna go through them and revise them, but I don't really have the time. I also have a box full of 3.5 floppy disks that I saved some stories on, but today don't have a computer compliant to running that old format.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:10 pm

JADACITY wrote:Nothing published but I took creative writing in school. I have five binders full of long and short stories, plus a number of essays I have written. Haven't written in years but I used to when I was a kid and young adult. I keep saying I'm gonna go through them and revise them, but I don't really have the time. I also have a box full of 3.5 floppy disks that I saved some stories on, but today don't have a computer compliant to running that old format.
    Uhoh, sounds like future. lol I'll probably look back my the 4 novel drafts I've written in a similar way. *sighs* lol
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Wed Jun 30, 2010 9:23 pm

I used to write all the time when I lived at home...nothing great or anything, but it was still me writing. When I was 19 I thought it all seemed lame and tossed it all. And it makes me so mad that I did because I would love to reflect on everyting I thought and composed at those young ages.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:36 pm

bump
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:22 pm

ROFLMAO! (geez, can't we get any other laughing smilies on here?) The only stuff I have published so far is stuff I do for a fan fiction site for TV shows, movies, comics, cartoons, etc.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:04 am

^^^^I wish I could get something published. Razz
    rienpoet
    rienpoet
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by rienpoet Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:51 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:Anybody else besides me here write any fiction ever? (Published or unpublished) Tell us about it.

I did. Published, but not in English (I am not a native speaker). My stories have mostly dark themes. Like, cyberg crime (a bank manager stole money from his own bank, by creating a program which has a back door, in which, his program will transfer any numbers after the second number behind the comma (or point in English); I mean who will miss 2 cent right?); or conversation among the sperms in a sperm bank; and the one I love the most: an inner struggle of a transgender man, whose father was a conservative man. I wrote also a story of a gigolo, who had to prove his love.

For the moment, I am trying to write in English, by writing fan fic. I like True Blood and SVM series. My fan fics are all about SVM. Nope, I don't write dark themes anymore - well, yes, dark, but not that dark. It's too depressive.

If you're interested in: http://www.fanfiction.net/~rienmuse

It's allowed to pimp yourself, eh? Wink

My poems, on the other hand, are mostly unpublished. I have only one, which was published. About somebody who was asking the father, why he has forsaken his family, and why the mother was apathetic about it.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:49 pm

Nothing published professionally so far, but I do have a couple of novels written and now I'm working on a collection of short stories put together for one full length book.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Fri May 13, 2011 3:37 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:Anybody else besides me here write any fiction ever? (Published or unpublished) Tell us about it.

I'm a big, fat, hairy fiction writer! I've been writing fiction for about four years or so. I wrote a book (which was a mess, but I enjoyed it) and I've written many short stories. They're mostly absurdist stories. I'm not hip with contemporary fiction, but I don't think that's real big right now! In any event, I think a writer should write what they want whether it conforms or not. I've had three of my poems published in different print publications and over the last several months I've been submitting fiction stories to different publications, none of which have been accepted, but I am just a beginner and rejection is part of the deal.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Fri May 13, 2011 3:48 pm

Working on a novel. I have 1/3 of a first draft finished. We'll see where it goes, I guess. I love the process of making it all up as I go along. My friend and editor (my Truman Capote if I'm Harper Lee) likes to almost mock interview me about my characters. And I just ramble about random ideas and make them sound definite. That's when I come up with my best ideas.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:51 am