CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Kelis = Most Underrated Singer Ever

JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Kelis = Most Underrated Singer Ever Empty Kelis = Most Underrated Singer Ever

Post by JM130ELM Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:06 am

You know, it will forever amaze me that Kelis gets overlooked by everyone. She is probably the perfect music artist. Her voice is amazing (both speaking and singing), the way she carries herself is totally refreshing and her ability to write the most beautiful and unique songs is something to envy. Trust me when I say this but NO ONE WRITES SONGS LIKE HER. Added to the fact that she can sing any genre of music is something that everyone needs to check out.

For example:
    Rock (I Don't Think So):

Soul (Glow..lol..Soul Glow):

Funk (80's Joint):

R&B (Rolling Through The Hood):

Electro (Finest Dreams):

Dance (Help Me):

And these are her 5 best songs. In order.
    1. Marathon
    2. Emergency
    3. Oasis
    4. Guilty Girl
    5. Scared Money
    NIKOL99
    NIKOL99
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Kelis = Most Underrated Singer Ever Empty Re: Kelis = Most Underrated Singer Ever

Post by NIKOL99 Fri Feb 12, 2010 10:59 am

Oh definitely! Smile Kelis is all sorts of wonderful. Never afraid to try new things and explore new sounds. 'Wonderland' IMHO is one of my favorite albums of all time. Too bad Virgin was too chicken-shit to release it stateside because they feared it wouldn't compete with the commercial bling, back-off-my-man tone of the day. Incredible record. While I'm not totally digging "Acapella", I still eagerly await her forthcoming 'Fleshtones' disc.

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:10 pm