CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Cheaps
GrayWolf
RobbieFTW
Marc™
Chris
9 posters

The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread. Empty The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread.

Post by Chris Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:46 am

The duo to return to MTV with all new episodes.

They're back!
    Heh heh, it's 1995 all over again, dude

By MICHAEL STARR
    Last Updated: 11:06 AM, July 15, 2010
    Posted: 2:04 AM, July 14, 2010
    Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/they_re_back_PZVN8lcKHQYVIYx3xAJRtM#ixzz0tqfx6KDr

'Beavis and Butt-head" -- the show that celebrated the slacker way of life and helped make MTV into a network that did more than just play music videos -- is coming back.

The move to resurrect the hugely popular 1990s animated anti-heroes has been rumored for several days. But yesterday, sources at MTV confirmed that a new batch of "Beavis and Butt-head" episodes are in the works.

The new series would keep Beavis and Butt-head in their perpetual high-school state, but it would be updated so that the pals -- who obsessively watch music videos on a battered TV set -- could lob their snarky comments at more current targets like Lady Gaga.

The show's minimalist animated style is also expected to remain intact.

The return of "Beavis and Butt-head" will be a backdoor means for MTV to return to showing music videos -- something the network was founded upon but abandoned in the last decade to make room for popular reality shows like "Laguna Beach," "The Hills" and "Jersey Shore."

"Beavis and Butt-head," which premiered in 1993, began as an animated short called "Frog Baseball," which aired on MTV's "Liquid Television."

The basic plotline revolved around two shorts-wearing, spectacularly immature teenage pals whose banter was delivered against the backbeat of their constant idiotic laughter.

Series creator Mike Judge, who's also creating the new episodes, voiced both characters.

The guys worked at a fast-food joint and were always out to "score" with "chicks" when they weren't sitting on a ratty couch watching music videos.

Beavis, the blond half, usually wore a Metallica T-shirt and would morph into his crazed, gibberish-spewing alter-ego, "Cornholio," when he ingested too much sugar.

Butt-head was the "cooler" of the two. He usually wore an AC/DC T-shirt and often picked on Beavis in much the same way Moe would slap around Curly, Larry and Shemp on "The Three Stooges."

The duo was so successful they were spun off into a 1996 big-screen movie, "Beavis and Butt-head Do America" and a marketing juggernaut of T-shirts and character trinkets.

A recurring character on the show, high-school classmate Daria (whom they called "Diarrhea"), eventually got her own MTV series.

After MTV canceled "Beavis and Butt-head" in 1997, Judge went on to create "King of the Hill" for Fox.

He also wrote the cult-classic movie comedy "Office Space" and last year's big-screen movie "Extract."

MTV officials had no comment yesterday.

Judge is "not commenting at this time," his publicist said.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/they_re_back_PZVN8lcKHQYVIYx3xAJRtM#ixzz0tqfDmu1i
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread. Empty Re: The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread.

Post by Chris Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:54 am

Some classic B+B moments.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread. Empty Re: The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread.

Post by Chris Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:17 am

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Jul 16, 2010 6:25 pm

I think a revival is ten years too late. They should have brought B+B back no later than 2001. We'll see.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat Aug 14, 2010 12:32 pm

MTV is so anti music these days that I'm thinking they won't be watching videos.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Beavis and Butthead' Discussion thread. Empty Beavis and Butthead return in October

Post by Chris Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:27 pm

http://thenjunderground.com/blog/2011/7/24/beavis-and-butt-head-return-air-date-set-for-october-2011.html

The Beavis and Butthead revival series is slated to return in October.
    GrayWolf
    GrayWolf
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Male
    Rep : 36

Post by GrayWolf Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:20 pm

Awesome I used to love this show when I was a kid.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:15 am

I used to love this show, i watched in junior high/high school.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Yeah B+B used to be the show before South Park, Family Guy, Boondocks, etc., etc.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:02 pm

I always thought B&B were kind of corny. Granted...South Park, Family Guy, etc are all in the same realm, but they're funnier to me.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:51 am

They're funny but too stupid to breath on their own.
    FightSleep
    FightSleep
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 1

Post by FightSleep Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:21 am

Here is a 5 min. preview of the new season

Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Wed Oct 12, 2011 3:05 am

Chris wrote:http://thenjunderground.com/blog/2011/7/24/beavis-and-butt-head-return-air-date-set-for-october-2011.html

The Beavis and Butthead revival series is slated to return in October.

I read that new episodes begin on October 27.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:49 pm

It returns tonight! At 10pm on MTV. cool dance
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Impact Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:39 am

Two episodes in and so far the new season has been pretty solid. Beavis's voice has changed a little, but that's probably because Mike Judge's own voice is older now. The animation is cleaner and has better resolution but still looks the same overall. The only thing I don't much care for is how they are now watching MTV reality shows more the videos but that's just the change in the times I guess.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:05 am

I'm not loving this new season as much as I wanted to or thought I was the first few episodes. I mean it's OK....but I'm not getting the same satisfaction as I did from the past seasons.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:18 pm

Marc™ wrote:I'm not loving this new season as much as I wanted to or thought I was the first few episodes. I mean it's OK....but I'm not getting the same satisfaction as I did from the past seasons.

Maybe it because were older, but yeah I'm feelin the same way.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by Impact Mon Nov 21, 2011 12:41 am

The storylines are solid, but their music video commentary is lacking this go round.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:59 pm