CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

The Dark Knight Rises

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

The Dark Knight Rises Empty The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Shale Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:48 pm

The Dark Knight Rises
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    July 21, 2012

I wasn't really planning to see this movie in theater, which is why I didn't go yesterday. There were two reasons. One is that I watched The Dark Knight again on Thursday and found it too depressing and not enjoyable. The other reason was when I read that this movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes long! I really hate sitting for more than 2 hours in a movie, and as usual, I could have edited and tightened this one up without any harm to the story. There are a few scenes that could have been played shorter.

But, aside from the positive buzz going around I noticed our local reviewer, Rene Rodriguez with The Miami Herald did a cover story on this movie and gave it 4 stars. So, had to go check it out. Glad I did.

This movie is tied to the other two in the trilogy and will flash back to the first. It opens 8 years after the second installment. Batman has been on the lam for this time and Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) has become a crippled recluse staying in his mansion and being watched over by his faithful servant and family friend Alfred (Michael Caine). Seems Gotham is doing quite nicely without the caped crusader until Bane (Tom Hardy) a mysterious new criminal wearing a mask for breathing starts taking over.

I won't go more into the plot of this very long movie; just know that there are new toys put together for Batman by Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), there is a new cop with integrity, John Blake (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) to fight on the side of good with Commissioner Gordon and that Catwoman is tenuously on Batman's side.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=454281

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The Dark Knight Rises Empty Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Tony Marino Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:36 am

Good review, thanks Shale.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:48 pm