CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill Empty Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill

Post by Supernova Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:33 pm

Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill Chop-Shop-9780786006366

I saw this at the thrift shop yesterday and simply HAD to get it. The story of David Sconce, who ran the Lamb Funeral Parlor in southern California and plead guilty to 27 felonies when it was found out he stole body parts from the corpses brought to his parlor to sell the organs and gold fillings, and then burned their remains to cover up what he'd done.

I haven't read it yet but I am surprised because like all true crime books, it has pictures, black and white pictures, I guess these books couldn't be published if they were in full color, THIS one especially since it actually shows him removing a brain from a corpse's head and removing other parts and shows a severed foot and a decomposed fetus that were found when the police investigated.

HOW the hell this man only got four years is beyond me, but has anybody read this book?
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill Empty Re: Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill

Post by RedBedroom Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:00 pm

How do they have a photo of him removing the brain? The photos are most likely in black and white due to keeping the cost down on printing the books. Or the originals might have been black and white.

This seems like an interesting book. I always thought black market organs must be an urban legend. I guess not.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill Empty Re: Chop Shop - True Crime book by Kathy Braidhill

Post by Supernova Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:53 pm

RedBedroom wrote:How do they have a photo of him removing the brain? The photos are most likely in black and white due to keeping the cost down on printing the books. Or the originals might have been black and white.

This seems like an interesting book. I always thought black market organs must be an urban legend. I guess not.

It shows the corpse with its skull cracked open and Sconce is in the process of taking it out. The pictures are not of the best quality so sometimes it is a bit hard to know what you're actually seeing but there's no mistaking on that one.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:51 am

I am going to check to see if my library has this. It looks really good.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:36 pm