CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

4 posters

Looper

JWF
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 4

Looper Empty Looper

Post by JWF Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:23 pm

This futurist time travel thriller is smart, slick, mind-boggling and very entertaining. What if you were to travel in time and come upon your younger self. Well, in "Looper' when the mob wants to eliminate you, they will send you 30 years into the past, where a Looper (hit man) is waiting for you.

Will Joseph Gordon-Levitt (young Joe) shoot himself. Actually, Bruce Willis, who is the older Joe. If you hang around for the satisfying conclusion it will pay-off

Terrific unearthly performances, especially from Bruce Willis, who could receive an Oscar nomination.

The film pays homage to the "Terminator", with some comparison to "Inception", and even a bit of Philip K. Dick, and "back to the Future". Not original, but clever

A-

Jack
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Looper Empty Re: Looper

Post by wants2laugh Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:00 am

saw the previews... definitely interested!
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:59 pm

I thought it was awesome. Reminds me of Frequency, The Butterfly Effect, Deja Vu, 12 Monkeys, Source Code and The Terminator all rolled up into one movie, lol.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Sep 30, 2012 9:36 pm

Looper
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    September 30, 2012

I was in Washington DC this Friday, doing real time travel to World War II with the few veterans left who flew bombers in 1944, so I missed this movie until today.

This movie happens in a somewhat dystopian future of 2044 where time travel is not yet possible but it is in the really dystopian future 30 years further. Gangsters of that future time (where forensics are really good) dispose of their enemies by sending them back to 2044 in illegal time-machines where Loopers blow them away, burn their bodies and no one even knows they were there.

Joe (Joseph Gordon-Levitt) is a Looper who blasts the person as soon as they appear and takes the silver sent on their backs for payment. Then one day he is confronted with himself (Bruce Willis) who escapes - a major offense with Loopers that can get them killed by their mob boss. At this point the movie gets into the relationship between Old Joe and Young Joe and how to stay alive and deal with the realities of the Looper business where former Loopers in the future are being targeted for extermination.

I really liked this movie even tho the main characters are really bent by the brutal worlds in which they live. Joseph Gordon-Levitt had to endure about 3 hours a day in makeup to get a few facial features that make him look like a young Bruce Willis. That and the moves he studied of Willis really worked. Of course it is R-rated for all the violence.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?p=7405125#post7405125

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm