CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Alan Smithee
Supernova
CaffeinePlease
8 posters

Do you subscribe to any magazines?

CaffeinePlease
    CaffeinePlease
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 4

Do you subscribe to any magazines? Empty Do you subscribe to any magazines?

Post by CaffeinePlease Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:06 pm

Hi Everybody,

It's pretty cheap these days to subscribe to magazines - do you have any magazine subscriptions?

I subscribe to:
    Cosmopolitan
    Marie Claire
    Psychology Today

It's very easy to go online to find articles, but I love getting things in the mail! big grin
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Do you subscribe to any magazines? Empty Re: Do you subscribe to any magazines?

Post by Supernova Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:26 pm

No, I don't bother with most and the only one I buy regularly or semi-regularly is the Civil War Times, anything else is just commemorative editions of LIFE and TIME.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Oct 18, 2012 1:53 pm

I haven't subscribed in years. At varying times between adolescence and the present I used to get National Geographic, Prevention, Sports Illustrated and Reader's Digest. There may have been others but I can't recall.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Thu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 pm

I too haven't subscribed to magazines for years. From the time I was on my own at 19 all the way thru my 30s I subscribed to Playboy magazine. Periodically I had subscriptions to Playgirl magazine. For years I got National Geographic that so-called exploration magazine lost my respect and my money when they started putting clothes on their ancient human reconstructions who would not have needed them.

Now, as part of membership, I get the magazine of AARP and Southern Poverty Law Center.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:28 pm

I subscribed to Vibe many years ago, oh and Rolling Stone.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:15 am

I don't & recently went through a nightmare of getting one I certainly didn't sign up for (US Weekly) Celebrity gossip? Really? blank stare @ you So watch out for these scams. I jumped on it right away & still got the damn things for another month or so.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:01 pm

I only have a subscription to Essence.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Oct 20, 2012 6:06 am

Shale wrote:

Now, as part of membership, I get the magazine of AARP...
    Oops, forgot about this one. Although it's not like I asked for it.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:58 am

I subscribe to "Offbeat", a New Orleans weekly event guide, and "Blues Revue". I still subscribe because I totally hate to read articles off the computer.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:34 pm

If I could afford it I'd subscribe to Civil War Times and American History, but as it is I just buy them when I see them out, I think in the long run it's cheaper.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Supernova wrote:If I could afford it I'd subscribe to Civil War Times and American History, but as it is I just buy them when I see them out, I think in the long run it's cheaper.

Probably a better value for you, yes. In past subscriptions I found that I didn't read many of the issues, including National Geographic. Now, I buy NG only when the cover feature interests me. I'm pretty good about the two mags I subscribe to now.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 am