CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Rep Points

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Rep Points Empty Rep Points

Post by Tony Marino Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey Doyen:

How does one get rep points here, is it done automatically according to posting??? I was Admin on a board once and the posters were able to give each other rep points but it was restricted, they had to give others rep points and not the same person over and over.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Rep Points Empty Re: Rep Points

Post by Chris Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:14 pm

Hey Tony,

If you look over to the right side of your screen, you'll note the "+" and "-". What happens is if someone likes your post, they can click on the plus, or the minus if they don't. Points are automatic. They accumulate with every new post you make, and I believe you get more for every new thread you create. But reps are solely based on other peoples voting, and you can only vote once for a single post.

I was actually kinda sketchy about allowing a point system here. I was a member of a message board once where the point system caused all kinds of controversy because members were basically using negative votes to insult each other. But this is a nice group and I don't see that being a problem here. Thus far you have the most reps, not to mention posts! Wink

Last edited by Doyen on Thu Feb 18, 2010 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:04 pm

Doyen wrote:Hey Tony,

If you look over to the right side of your screen, you'll note the "+" and "-". What happens is if someone likes your post, they can click on the plus, or the minus if they don't. Points are automatic. They accumulate with every new post you make, and I believe you get more for every new thread you create. But reps are solely based on other peoples voting, and you can only vote once for a single post.

I was actually kinda sketchy about allowing a point system here. I was a member of a message board once where the point system caused all kinds of controversy because members were basically using negative votes to insult each other. But this is a nice group and I don't see that being a problem here. Thus far you have the most reps, not to mention posts! Wink

Thanks for the explanation, I can see exactly what you mean because of that situation and other reasons, I stepped down from the board I was Admin of, people got too out of contol and it was not worth it. This group definetly is a much better class of people. Hey I have the most posts LOL I guess I can thank my Job for allowing me internet access during the course of the day!!! Thanks again Doyen!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:09 am