CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Life of Pi

Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Life of Pi Empty Life of Pi

Post by Shale Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:28 am

Life of Pi
    Movie Blurb by Shale
    November 22, 2012

I saw the trailers of this visually stunning PG movie and knew it was a must see. And, as with the previews, the movie is a visual treat even in 2-D, which is what I watched. I have read several reviewers who claim the 3-D is worth the extra cost.

The opening credits, with Indian music playing shows the various animals in a zoo at Pondicherry India. Then comes the narrative of Pi Patel (Irrfan Khan) as he talks to a Canadian writer (Rafe Spall).

The story then starts at Pi's childhood in Pondicherry where his father (Adil hussain) owned a zoo. Young Pi (Ayush Tandon) is intrigued by the Bengal Tiger at the zoo named Richard Parker. Pi's father shows him with a goat what a Bengal Tiger can do even behind the bars of a cage.

Pi is also curious about the many religions that are in India. So, this movie is not just an action adventure, but also one of a spiritual search. His father is non-religious but Pi is raised Hindu by his mother, then embraces Islam and Christianity.

When the family decides to move to Canada, taking the zoo animals on a Japanese freighter, the action adventure starts when the ship encounters extreme weather and starts sinking. Teenaged Pi (Suraj-Sharma) happens to be topside when this happens and is lowered into a lifeboat that gets dropped into the sea abruptly when a zebra falls into it. When the seas calm, Pi is in a lifeboat with a zebra with a broken leg, a hungry hyena, an orangutan and Richard Parker.

Nature takes its course and soon it is just the alfa predator and Pi left in the boat. Most of the movie is how Pi deals with his situation and also the new experiences of the sea around him.

See More Here:

http://www.hipforums.com/newforums/showthread.php?goto=lastpost&t=461705

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Life of Pi Empty Re: Life of Pi

Post by Tony Marino Fri Nov 23, 2012 3:14 pm

It looks like an interesting movie, I want to see it. Thanks for the review.

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:38 am