CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

Anne Rice's vampire chronicles

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Anne Rice's vampire chronicles Empty Anne Rice's vampire chronicles

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:50 pm

Who's read the books and did you like it?

I've read books 1 through 4 so far, Interview with a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, and the Tale of the Body Thief...but that was several years ago and the library here doesn't have the rest of the books and I always put off buying the next in the series. But from what I've read of it so far, I've enjoyed it, especially the books from Lestat's point of view. How about everyone else?

P.S. Who agrees she's nuts for having it made illegal for anybody to write fanfiction using her characters? Anne Rice's vampire chronicles 742817
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Anne Rice's vampire chronicles Empty Re: Anne Rice's vampire chronicles

Post by Tony Marino Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Supernova wrote:Who's read the books and did you like it?

I've read books 1 through 4 so far, Interview with a Vampire, The Vampire Lestat, Queen of the Damned, and the Tale of the Body Thief...but that was several years ago and the library here doesn't have the rest of the books and I always put off buying the next in the series. But from what I've read of it so far, I've enjoyed it, especially the books from Lestat's point of view. How about everyone else?

P.S. Who agrees she's nuts for having it made illegal for anybody to write fanfiction using her characters? Anne Rice's vampire chronicles 742817

Why should she care she is a zillionaire from those books but I agree she should not have done that at all. I kind of understand why, when she wrote Interview with the Vampire she had just lost her teen age daughter to Leukemia and the book is based a lot on her feelings so her Vampires are pretty close to her.

I read them all, I stopped at Memnock the Devil. I think Queen of the Damned was the best one from what I remember ( I read them about 10 years ago). One of my books is autographed by her I forget which one. Tale of the Body Thief was a bit strange with Lestat having his body stolen LOL.

Have you read the Witching Hour?? If not I recommend it, it was really good, there were follow up books to that I think one is called Taltos but Witching Hour is the best, as titled, its about the Mayfair Witches.

I also recommend The Mummy, Ramses the Dead. It was a really interesting love story spanning back to Cleopatra.

I have also read several of her other books, I had an Anne Rice Obsession after reading Interview with the Vampire.

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:37 pm