CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Chris
wants2laugh
CeCe
Alan Smithee
8 posters

RedBedroom

Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

RedBedroom Empty RedBedroom

Post by Alan Smithee Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:24 pm

As far as I know she hasn't been here in a week. I sent her a PM yesterday but no answer. Anyone else hear from her? I'm worried that her absence is because of bad news with her goddaughter. I hope not.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

RedBedroom Empty Re: RedBedroom

Post by CeCe Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:24 pm

Thought about that too. Hope everything is ok.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:17 am

I'll try texting her tomorrow and see whats up. I was wondering too.. but with W2s going out the past couple weeks, work has been pretty nuts.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:47 am

I noticed Red's absence too. Hope she's doing well.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:11 pm

would you believe that i dont have her freakin number in my new phone????? 440 freakin numbers came out of the cloud, and not hers!!! WTF!!!!

Will try her email. sad
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:31 pm

Hello everyone. (Al, I've yet to read your message, but will right after this).

Wants, I got your email this afternoon. Thank you.

I figured I should use my night home alone tonight to let you all know I am not trying to be elusive. Right now is just a really difficult time. But it means a lot you noticed my absence and means even more you have my God Daughter in your thoughts.

To update on her a bit...Things are looking up. They tapered off on the meds and she did wake up. Unfortunately, that led to the realization that her brain injury was more significant than originally thought. At first they said it was slight bleeding on the brain but not an immediate concern. Well, once she woke up, she has not emerged from confusion, anger, not knowing everyone and being very agitated. So, she is not herself right now and to be blunt, doesn't like anybody. She feels like everything is being "done to her." She doesn't know everybody all of the time. It's just hard for her family.

I did get a fundraiser set up for her because without insurance, she is going to need cash when she gets out eventually when she needs to pay cash for medicine and just expenses. I got it all set up Monday, then as luck would have it, I became very ill. I am feeling a lot better today but from Tuesday night to right now, I have had a granola bar, a pancake and a sandwich. So while being weak as shit, I have been steadfast at trying to get some money raised.

And, oh, man. When one tries to get a personal cause going, it's much different than a professional cause. Trying to do so while so ill this week has been a bitch. I'm still trying to work more than normal with extra assignments so I have extra money to give her. So, I haven't been in a message board head space. And that will happen probably a lot in the coming weeks. But I promise to contact Al or Wants if something major happens with my God Daughter to let you all know..good or bad.

To add to it all, another family friend of ours has been in the same hospital as she is in and I was to go there this weekend as the boys drove right through the town the hospital is in to go to an indoor training track. Being sick, I could not. So, it sucks so much because both families need some support right now. The family friend has two kids, but they are not doing shit. So, he is there and his wife is doing what she can with little support. So, I just feel like I am someone trying to do what I can and am just spinning my wheels.

So, that's that. Sorry it got so long. I just have worked all day and haven't spoken to anyone all day since the boys are off riding.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female

Post by wants2laugh Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:38 pm

Take care... glad she is alive. and the fact that she is awake is good news. It will take a long time to recover, but there is hope! Let me know if u need anything. Love u girl!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:49 pm

Hey Red! Phew...I was kind of afraid to ask the question but I'm glad she's starting to recover. Sounds like you had the flu? big hugz (I'll take a chance and hug you anyway big grin ). Glad you're feeling better. You're a sweetheart for doing all this for your goddaughter!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:55 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Hey Red! Phew...I was kind of afraid to ask the question but I'm glad she's starting to recover. Sounds like you had the flu? big hugz (I'll take a chance and hug you anyway big grin ). Glad you're feeling better. You're a sweetheart for doing all this for your goddaughter!

Gosh, I wouldn't be so quick to hug, Al! This virus is super strange. It wasn't a stomach flu. Just no eating and terrible cough and no energy. Super odd.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:02 pm

Eew...sounds like something out of a Stephen King book! I'm sure the CDC has a handle on it. Wink
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:06 pm

Good to see you Red big hugz Hope things will get better soon. Take care of yourself & try to get some rest.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks, CeCe.

CeCe, I'm slow this week. It was you, wasn't it, that had the nice Donald Driver sig recently? I forgot to compliment on it.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Post by CeCe Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:53 pm

RedBedroom wrote:Thanks, CeCe.

CeCe, I'm slow this week. It was you, wasn't it, that had the nice Donald Driver sig recently? I forgot to compliment on it.

You've had a lot to deal with Wink But yeah I had the DD sig. Love him & will really miss him. Great guy.

Thanks big hugz
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:25 am

CeCe wrote:

You've had a lot to deal with Wink But yeah I had the DD sig. Love him & will really miss him. Great guy.

Thanks big hugz

Thank you.

When I read that, I was going to offer to send you a copy of the paper covering his send-off party Wednesday. Ironically, I was so sick I didn't get one for myself. He is just such a great guy.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:35 am

Glad to see you've checked in, even if for a little bit.

Try not to stress too much. No one can fault you for what is going on and what is not coming together (Except maybe you). If you stress too much it weakens your immunity and you can get sick. d-oh!

How do you not get too stressed?
    Shrugs (Oh well…)
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:49 am

Shale wrote:Glad to see you've checked in, even if for a little bit.

Try not to stress too much. No one can fault you for what is going on and what is not coming together (Except maybe you). If you stress too much it weakens your immunity and you can get sick. d-oh!

How do you not get too stressed?
    Shrugs (Oh well…)

Thanks, Shale.

Gosh, who knows how we do not get too stressed, Eh? NO clue. I am a worrier. Always. I am a worrier and a planner. So when I worry about what I have little or no control over, I go nutty. People who know me, especially those who know me through my son's racing, seriously ask me if I take medicine for my nerves or if I have ever had an ulcer.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:52 pm

I'm sorry to hear all of this Red, I hope you feel better soon and things look better for the families you mentioned. You are being a big help, and the help will be much more once your feeling 100.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:42 pm

Red I am happy your o.k. and your Goddaughter is awake. I would imagine its going to take time for her to recover. Please take care of yourself too and I hope you are feeling better. You are a very special person Red to take all this on!

bear hug
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female

Post by RedBedroom Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:00 am

Thanks, guys.

To update on things. I am feeling better, finally. My God Daughter is still the same as the last update...just waiting for her to break out of the "haze." She has another surgery in a couple days to remove some fingers. She was in the cold for a long while and they did not survive. This was known all along, but she had other more pressing matters. She still can use all the prayer she can get, so if you are a praying person, it will be much appreciated. xoxo

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 am