CC33


    Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Share
    avatar
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-01-30
    Location : Michigan
    Posts : 12007
    Rep : 212

    default Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Marc™ on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 am

    Of all the famous serial killers you've heard about, who do you think was the most demented?



    avatar
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date : 2011-07-09
    Location : Portland “Burbs”
    Posts : 3353
    Rep : 43

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Bluesmama on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:21 am

    John Wayne Gacy and Jeffrey Dahmer come to mind.
    There was also that sick bastard here in Oregon in the 60's, Jerry Brudos, who deserves to be right up there.



    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem,
    first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes
    .”
    -- author unknown --
    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:51 am

    Oh there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many...but first fucker that comes to mind is Albert Fish, bastard raped young boys, killed them, dismembered them and ATE them.
    avatar
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date : 2011-07-09
    Location : Portland “Burbs”
    Posts : 3353
    Rep : 43

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Bluesmama on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:13 am

    Supernova wrote:Oh there are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many...but first fucker that comes to mind is Albert Fish, bastard raped young boys, killed them, dismembered them and ATE them.
    Funny, I was trying to remember his name during my post and couldn't. He also ate a little girl. I remember reading that someone ~ can't remember who ~ walked in on him as he was spanking himself with a paddle with nails. We've read of many sick sobs in our time, but imagine the shock people felt back in the 20's with this guy!



    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem,
    first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes
    .”
    -- author unknown --
    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:28 am

    Bluesmama wrote:
    Funny, I was trying to remember his name during my post and couldn't. He also ate a little girl. I remember reading that someone ~ can't remember who ~ walked in on him as he was spanking himself with a paddle with nails. We've read of many sick sobs in our time, but imagine the shock people felt back in the 20's with this guy!

    Yes and I believe he also stuck needles into his groin, maybe he was insane but they did the right thing by executing him instead of locking him up in a looney bin like Jane Toppan, that crazy bitch nurse who said she wanted to kill more helpless people than any other man or woman.


    Oooooooooooooh but I seem to have forgotten a crucial player in this game, H.H. Holmes, whose true body count will never be known but is estimated around 200, mainly women who he lured in as lodgers or housekeepers, and then gassed them to death, among other methods, and then stripping the flesh off their skeletons and selling them to medical schools. His was a motive of greed, pure and simple, and it was also his undoing, but not before he killed 3 small children he kidnapped as well.
    avatar
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date : 2011-07-09
    Location : Portland “Burbs”
    Posts : 3353
    Rep : 43

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Bluesmama on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:53 am

    Supernova wrote:

    Yes and I believe he also stuck needles into his groin, maybe he was insane but they did the right thing by executing him instead of locking him up in a looney bin like Jane Toppan, that crazy bitch nurse who said she wanted to kill more helpless people than any other man or woman.


    Oooooooooooooh but I seem to have forgotten a crucial player in this game, H.H. Holmes, whose true body count will never be known but is estimated around 200, mainly women who he lured in as lodgers or housekeepers, and then gassed them to death, among other methods, and then stripping the flesh off their skeletons and selling them to medical schools. His was a motive of greed, pure and simple, and it was also his undoing, but not before he killed 3 small children he kidnapped as well.
    Now, I haven't heard of this one. Where did this occur? I'll see if there's a book.
    When I was a kid my mother told me about Ed Gein. And while she didn't delve into gruesome details, she did mention how he made lampshades and covers out of flesh. Jerry Brudos did stuff like that, too, only he was worse!



    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem,
    first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes
    .”
    -- author unknown --
    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:01 am

    Bluesmama wrote:
    Now, I haven't heard of this one. Where did this occur? I'll see if there's a book.
    When I was a kid my mother told me about Ed Gein. And while she didn't delve into gruesome details, she did mention how he made lampshades and covers out of flesh. Jerry Brudos did stuff like that, too, only he was worse!

    H.H. Holmes? *cringes*, his legacy seems to be a large contributing factor to the ghost stories of Haunted Chicago. He committed his murders in the early 1890s and wasn't found out until 1893 shortly after the World's Fair. He was the only serial killer to specifically have his house of horrors built for what he intended to do with his victims, and RIGHT in the middle of the downtown area, and how that one was pulled off is anybody's guess. He had rooms he would lock his victims in and gas them and he could listen to them scream and beg for their lives. Then down in the basement he had two furnaces to burn the remains after he cleaned their skeletons. I know very little about his case but he certainly made one HELL of a name for himself.
    avatar
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date : 2011-07-09
    Location : Portland “Burbs”
    Posts : 3353
    Rep : 43

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Bluesmama on Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:26 am

    Supernova wrote:

    H.H. Holmes? *cringes*, his legacy seems to be a large contributing factor to the ghost stories of Haunted Chicago. He committed his murders in the early 1890s and wasn't found out until 1893 shortly after the World's Fair. He was the only serial killer to specifically have his house of horrors built for what he intended to do with his victims, and RIGHT in the middle of the downtown area, and how that one was pulled off is anybody's guess. He had rooms he would lock his victims in and gas them and he could listen to them scream and beg for their lives. Then down in the basement he had two furnaces to burn the remains after he cleaned their skeletons. I know very little about his case but he certainly made one HELL of a name for himself.

    I started to check online for books about him. Well, look what I found!!! With his evil eyes, I'd bet he'll prove to be a good choice for the role!



    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Leonardo-DiCaprio-To-Play-Serial-Killer-HH-Holmes-21499.html



    Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem,
    first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes
    .”
    -- author unknown --
    avatar
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date : 2011-07-10
    Location : South Jersey---yes we are a different state
    Posts : 3913
    Rep : 87

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by wants2laugh on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:40 am

    ^^^^ That's cool... love Leo!!!

    I actually have "The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers" and I can tell you that there are plenty that have not made national headlines like gacy and bundy, but were just as sick and twisted.

    What terrifies me more than one, is TWO... LOL... Having two crazies meet each other and carry out killings is worse cause you MIGHT get away from one (not likely, but even Ted Bundy had one escape from him). But two.. forget it. I mean look at the Hillside Stranglers.. they were cousins, so you might say being nuts ran in the family.. but come on, that is just sick.

    THEN there are the women who kill their babies. Marybeth Tinning killed 8 of her own kids... so it looked like hereditary problems, then she killed an adopted child which ruled out the SIDS diagnosis. SMH ppl are sick!



    avatar
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Female
    Join date : 2010-03-16
    Location : New York
    Posts : 27032
    Rep : 339

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Nystyle709 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:08 pm

    Shrugs (Oh well…)

    I don't know. Not like I follow any of them. I think it's a bit sick to have some sort of fascination with serial killers, but oh well.



    "Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet" Bob Marley

    avatar
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-01-30
    Location : Oak Park, Michigan
    Posts : 23203
    Rep : 330

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Chris on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:12 pm

    I'm not much fascinated by serial killers either; but from what I know of them, I don't think many top Dahmer.



    “I am so clever that sometimes
    I don't understand a single word
    of what I am saying.”
    - Oscar Wilde



    Email ↓
    conversationchamber@gmail.com
    avatar
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-09-03
    Location : 40º44’18.33”N 73º58’31.82”W
    Posts : 25793
    Rep : 381

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Alan Smithee on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:22 pm

    I don't know. I don't care. As if there's a quantitaive scale they can be measured with? Maybe some interested party can develope one.



    My nephew Tony's little brother and me...


    "The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong -- but that's the way to bet."
    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:23 pm

    Chris wrote:I'm not much fascinated by serial killers either; but from what I know of them, I don't think many top Dahmer.

    I don't know, Chris, some people would argue that...what was it, he never did any of that stuff sober? He had to be drunk or stoned for it? Of course that sounds like any other excuse, but if somebody could also do that stuff stone cold sober, then that in itself is pretty scary too, psychotic but not insane because they have the mental capacity to plan, premeditate and successfully carry out.
    avatar
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-09-27
    Location : Miami Beach
    Posts : 9703
    Rep : 219

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Shale on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:45 pm

    Don't forget Adolf Hitler, Adolf Eichmann, Josef Mengele, et al. They institutionalized serial killing and brot in lots of German helpers to accomplish large scale torture & murder.




    If it's the right direction - swim upstream.

    avatar
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Location : Chicago
    Posts : 662
    Rep : 32

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by JM130ELM on Tue Feb 19, 2013 1:32 pm

    I don't make it a habit to study up on mass murderers. But Ted Bundy is a name that comes to mind as far as "interesting" killers go.



    James
    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:38 pm

    Shale wrote:Don't forget Adolf Hitler, Adolf Eichmann, Josef Mengele, et al. They institutionalized serial killing and brot in lots of German helpers to accomplish large scale torture & murder.

    To say nothing of the Croatian Ustasha guards at Jasenovac, they killed at least 2,000 people a day, they went from sawing off heads and bashing skulls with mallets, to what was the quickest way to kill as many people as possible, so they forgot about their guns and cyanide and picked up harvesting knives to up the daily body count.
    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:39 pm

    JM130ELM wrote:I don't make it a habit to study up on mass murderers. But Ted Bundy is a name that comes to mind as far as "interesting" killers go.

    Actually that is a serial killer, mass murderers are these guys who go in to a public place, shoot as many people as possible, and then blow their own brains out; those are the ones who don't plan on walking away and just decide they're going to kill as many people in one place as possible before they kill themselves.
    avatar
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-01-31
    Location : New York
    Posts : 26787
    Rep : 607

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Tony Marino on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:26 pm

    I have a friend that has an obsession with serial killers, I really think he wants to be hacked up. Jeffrey Dahmer comes to mind as far as who was the most demented serial killer.



    avatar
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date : 2010-02-02
    Location : Jersey (West Orange)
    Posts : 3137
    Rep : 123

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Nhaiyel on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:55 pm

    Shrugs (Oh well…) Jack the Ripper?

    There's been enough elapsed time between his reign of terror and today to make his story a compelling one. The rest of those late 20th century killers are too modern for me to allow myself to become entertained by.



    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:16 pm

    Nhaiyel wrote:Shrugs (Oh well…) Jack the Ripper?

    There's been enough elapsed time between his reign of terror and today to make his story a compelling one. The rest of those late 20th century killers are too modern for me to allow myself to become entertained by.

    What's ironic is how he's remembered and he only killed 5-7 women, and just a few short years later H.H. Holmes murdered over 200 and Jane Toppan killed 30 and nobody remembers them, but they were smart and did it behind locked doors and closed windows where nobody would see what they did. Jack the Ripper seems to have been a bit of an attention whore, leaving his work out in the open to be found, he seemed to love egging on the police, knowing what a bunch of incompetent boobs they were.
    avatar
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-01-31
    Location : New York
    Posts : 26787
    Rep : 607

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Tony Marino on Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:19 pm

    Nhaiyel wrote:Shrugs (Oh well…) Jack the Ripper?

    There's been enough elapsed time between his reign of terror and today to make his story a compelling one. The rest of those late 20th century killers are too modern for me to allow myself to become entertained by.

    Nhaiyel there is a series on BBC America about the Ripper:

    http://www.bbcamerica.com/ripper-street/




    avatar
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

    Male
    Join date : 2010-09-03
    Location : 40º44’18.33”N 73º58’31.82”W
    Posts : 25793
    Rep : 381

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Alan Smithee on Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:09 pm

    Tony Marino wrote:

    Nhaiyel there is a series on BBC America about the Ripper:

    http://www.bbcamerica.com/ripper-street/


    Tony, it's not really about Jack the Ripper. It's set in his stomping grounds at the time when the killings attributed to him have stopped. I like it very much. As a fan of Game of Thrones, you may be interested to know that the actor who plays Bron is a regular and as I'm watching the most recent episode I'm thinking "who is that guy?" Turns out it was the actor who plays Ser Jorah Mormont.



    My nephew Tony's little brother and me...


    "The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong -- but that's the way to bet."
    avatar
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

    Female
    Join date : 2010-02-18
    Posts : 10697
    Rep : 312

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by RedBedroom on Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:59 pm

    Dahmer for sure. I live in his state, so I find it all somewhat interesting.
    avatar
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

    Female
    Join date : 2010-01-31
    Location : Portland, Oregon
    Posts : 2665
    Rep : 126

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by CatEyes10736 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:14 pm

    Dahmer gets my vote as well. There was something so errie about how composed, rational and well-put together he seemed. Reinforces the frightening reality that not all crazies look the part.



    avatar
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

    Female
    Join date : 2010-06-22
    Posts : 11956
    Rep : 182

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Supernova on Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:05 pm

    CatEyes10736 wrote:Dahmer gets my vote as well. There was something so errie about how composed, rational and well-put together he seemed. Reinforces the frightening reality that not all crazies look the part.

    Most serial killers ARE like that, they certainly wouldn't be able to lure in their victims if they looked like what's going on inside their skulls.

    Sponsored content

    default Re: Most Twisted (Famous) Serial Killers.

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:05 am