CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Cheaps
Forgiveness Man
CeCe
Tony Marino
8 posters

THE OSCARS

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

THE OSCARS Empty THE OSCARS

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:10 pm

Ok so who watched? I thought Seth McFarlane was a pretty good host. We could have done away with a couple of his jokes like the one about Mel Gibson.

I realized that the most boring parts of the Oscars are the giving out of all of the Oscars dealing with special effects, sound, costumes, short films, etc. Mind you these people deserve the awards are very detrimental to the making of a movie and should be acknowledged but in an off Oscar show like some of the awards that are given. I think most would agree we want to see the main courses and the Oscars could be cut down from 3/1/2 hours to 2.

My favorite performances: Shriley Bassey, man the Dame can sing at 75 years old! Jennifer Hudson, and Barbra Streisand. The Les Miserables cast was good too but I had the feeling I was at the Tony awards. I liked the tribute to James Bond and Adele singing Falling.

After 2/1/2 hours I could take no more and shut it off when the best song was announced.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

THE OSCARS Empty Re: THE OSCARS

Post by CeCe Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:16 pm

I didn't watch it. Heard some of it from my daughter's room. I like Seth. They should always expect him to push it as far as possible lol

Nice that Argo won & Bryan Cranston was on the stage with the cast last night. In Heisenberg mode too Smile One day...it's gonna happen.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:11 pm

I didn't watch. I pretty much knew how it'd all turn out. I only saw Les Mis of the bunch. The Oscars have become pretty much just a televised party anymore. There isn't enough movie meat for me to want to turn in.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:26 pm

I didn't watch.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Cheaps wrote:I didn't watch.

You didn't miss a whole lot. I have to say the women were beautiful and they dressed spectacularly!
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:08 pm

I set it to record in case anything extraordinary happened. Otherwise I just did as planned...watched the opening and happened to catch Christoph Waltz win for best supporting actor Yeah, this year was so predictable that everyone saw that coming. No...not an once of shock. Not even when they called Ang Lee's name.

THE OSCARS Oh-brother

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:19 am

I was over it after the Lincoln joke. Per talking to friends, I guess I am the old fuddy duddy, but I thought that joke sucked.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:44 am

This was the first time I watched a full set of the Oscars in many, many years.
    What I really liked about it this year were the stunning Art Deco designed dresses, and my favorites were Hally Berry, Jane Fonda, and Norah Jones. The media preferred Jennifer Lawrence's and Anne Hathaway's but I didn't care for those.
    I had trouble understanding Seth being host. Because Hollywood gets pc over every dogdamn thing, and this comedian is anything but. And it did seem that his humor sometimes fell flat. I did love his comment about the Kardashians, although I don't remember it.
    I'm glad Adele won the Oscar because I love the 'Skyfall' song. I thought Shirley Bassey didn't sound quite like she used to, but she managed to hit those high notes and she sounded great, nevertheless (female voices tend to get a little throatier with age).
    I liked the Bond tribute, too. And I'm glad that not one movie did sweeps. I do wish Sally Fields had won the award, though.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:23 pm

LOL.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content