CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+5
Cheaps
Bluesmama
Shale
Alan Smithee
Chris
9 posters

Old term papers and school assignments

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Old term papers and school assignments Empty Old term papers and school assignments

Post by Chris Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 am

Have you kept any old term papers or essays you wrote back in your school days? If so, what was it about and what was grade?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Old term papers and school assignments Empty Re: Old term papers and school assignments

Post by Alan Smithee Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:48 am

Not a one.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Old term papers and school assignments Empty Re: Old term papers and school assignments

Post by Shale Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:28 am

I have some of my old HS papers, all written in ink on ruled paper in binders, with some drawings and pictures from magazines pasted in. It was on the USS Constitution (Old Ironsides).

Unfortunately, one of my biology papers got lost at my grandmother's in Mississippi (I think one of my slacker, ignorant, redneck cousins turned it in as his work). I would have loved to have that. It was full of observations, with drawings of snail eggs seen thru a microscope. I had the development of cells then the heart beating. It was classic, like something DaVince or Van Leuvenhoek would have done centuries ago. And it was the technology of the day in the early '60s.

I think I have a copy of my wife's paper on the Russian Invasion of Afghanistan from one of her college humanities classes in the late '80s. (I did her humanities work - and got good grades) Again, this was without the Internet searches and copy & paste. This was wading thru Microfisch files at the library of news magazine articles. Tedious research.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:03 pm

I did not keep any of them. But the one I got an 'A' on (US History class) was about the 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:09 pm

haHA!!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:11 pm

i havent kept research papers.. although i was the editor of the school paper and wrote a monthly column for the local newspaper--- i have some of those articles.

I was a really good writer.. won a contest at Temple university while i was in high school. My college papers were so awesome that my community college professor who also taught at Rutgers University now uses them as samples for her classes on "the perfect essay/research paper". she actually made me sign a disclaimer that she could use them. THAT made me feel really good
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:36 pm

It all went in the trash when I moved.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Thu Feb 28, 2013 5:38 pm

Funny in my file cabinet I have a few research papers from college saved and a few assignments from middle school as well. Strangely I didn't keep anything from high school.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:36 pm

I used to for my grade school papers/essays...have no idea where they are now because I don't remember throwing them away. I do have papers from one of my classes from last semester.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm