CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Marc™
Jason B.
Nystyle709
MandyPerfumeGirl
Tony Marino
Chris
10 posters

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread

Post by Chris Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 pm

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Justintimberlakethatgra
    The
    Justin Timberlake
    Discussion thread!
    Discuss all things Justin Timberlake-related here.

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty Justin Timberlake doubts his future in music.

Post by Chris Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:38 pm

http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/06/justin-timberlake-on-jessica-biel-britney-spears-and-filming-friends-with-benefits.html

“I wouldn’t say I’m not going to put out another one, I would say that would be a bad bet, if you were betting. But I could see myself only doing one more big tour”.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread

Post by Tony Marino Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:43 pm

The guy is multi-talented he has nothing to worry about no matter what he does.
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty Re: The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:49 pm

Chris wrote:http://www.vanityfair.com/online/daily/2011/06/justin-timberlake-on-jessica-biel-britney-spears-and-filming-friends-with-benefits.html

“I wouldn’t say I’m not going to put out another one, I would say that would be a bad bet, if you were betting. But I could see myself only doing one more big tour”.

Yay! Let's get this bum outta here! go gurl!
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:59 pm

So. He's a fake, wannabe Usher anyway.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty Justin Timberlake Engaged to Jessica Biel

Post by Jason B. Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:35 pm

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Main

Justin Timberlake Engaged to Jessica Biel
    Singer-actor apparently popped the question in late December

Justin Timberlake has apparently asked longtime girlfriend Jessica Biel to marry him. After an on-again, off-again relationship spanning four years, the celebrity couple were engaged in late December, according to Us Weekly.

Timberlake popped the question while the couple were vacationing in Jackson, Wyoming, an insider tells the magazine. "Justin knows how much she loves snowboarding and the mountains, so it was the perfect place," the source said.

"He knew it was the right time to propose," another source told Us Weekly.

Timberlake, who starred most recently in Bad Teacher with Cameron Diaz and Friends With Benefits with Mila Kunis, is set to play the lead in Spinning Gold, a biopic of Neil Bogart, the late founder of Casablanca Records. Biel appeared most recently in New Year's Eve and The A-Team.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/justin-timberlake-engaged-to-jessica-biel-20120104#ixzz1id634lPs
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty New Justin Timberlake - "Suit & Tie" [Featuring Jay-Z]

Post by Chris Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:40 am

Opinions?
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:25 pm

I like it.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:18 pm

I don't love it but it's cute.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:43 pm

I was underwhelmed at first but it's starting to grow on me a little. Everybody is saying it sounds like a Robin Thicke ripoff and it does.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:56 am

Jason B. wrote:I was underwhelmed at first but it's starting to grow on me a little. Everybody is saying it sounds like a Robin Thicke ripoff and it does.

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread 1677402019

I think Jay-Z could've been left off it, but largely....it was okay. As a whole, I'm not interested music from Justin though. I liked his second album, but something about him comes off fake and contrived. He's not that great of a dancer and singer like he thinks he is. And being from Memphis doesn't automatically mean you have "soul". Give me Robin Thicke ANY day.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:24 am

CatEyes10736 wrote:I don't love it but it's cute.

co-signs

I wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised.

I agree with the comments made that Jay could have been left off, and that it does sound like Robin Thicke.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:23 am

Its being played every hour here. The song is only ok. I hope he comes out with something better next.
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:49 pm

He voice sounds weird on the song, really thin and cartoony like he's trying to sound sexy and soulful or something. It's straight but like everybody I'm not excited about it either.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty New Song: Justin Timberlake – ‘Mirrors’

Post by Chris Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:13 pm

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Mon Feb 11, 2013 2:29 pm

Eh.....I guess it has to grow on you. Justin has had much luck acting and doing guest appearances I wonder why he wants to go back to singing.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty New Video: Justin Timberlake – ‘Suit & Tie’

Post by Chris Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 pm

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:58 pm

thumbs down Nothing special.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:17 am

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread 954338

Justin be killin' me at how he thinks he's a true 'soul' artist. While I think the song is cool however, Jay-Z pretty much ruined it. I wanna go listen to Robin Thicke now.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:51 am

So he's going for Robin Thicke's look too?
    AtownPeep
    AtownPeep
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 39

Post by AtownPeep Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:05 am

I don't know where all the Robin Thicke chatter is coming from. For all of his solo career Justin has been about this. It was Robin who started off as a long haired Neo-soul Jesus looking guy but then changed up and started acting like Justin.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Empty Justin Timberlake – ‘The 20/20 Experience’ Preview

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:40 am

Justin Timberlake – ‘The 20/20 Experience’ Preview

The 'Justin Timberlake' Discussion Thread Justin-timberlake-2020-experience-e1362403118342

Easily one of the most anticipated albums of the year, there’s both a pressure and excitement that ushers in the release of Justin Timberlake’s comeback LP ‘The 20/20 Experience’.

Due in stores on March 18th, the ten-track set is the star’s first collection of new material since the super-selling ‘FutureSex/LoveSounds’ hit the charts almost seven years ago. And while it’s this very fact fueling this project’s hype, being an artist of Timberlake’s caliber means there’s also ample expectation of the songs housed on the album.

Naturally, then, That Grape Juice were elated to be among the few outlets invited to listen to the LP late last month in London town. Introduced by the man himself, the album was played in its entirety – allowing us to taste, chew, and digest Pop’s most important offering. Which begs the question: is it any good?

Read our exclusive track-by-track preview of ‘The 20/20 Experience’ below for your answer…

1) Pusher Love Girl:
    A titillating tease when premiered live recently, the studio incarnation of the cut makes for an equally lush listen. From its orchestral intro, to its rousing chorus, this falsetto-heavy number makes for a stellar album opener. Is it the LP’s best track? We’d say close, but no cigar. It does, however, sonically set the tone for the rest of the listening experience.

2) Suit & Tie (ft. Jay-Z):
    Still as polarizing a track today as it was upon release, for us this makes for a markedly better listen when played at dizzyingly loud decibels. Take from that what you will.

3) Don’t Hold The Wall:
    With its prominent “knock” and heavy use of vocal layering, this moody mid-tempo is – like much of the album- trademark Timbaland. Convoluted in places (to the point where it’s sometimes hard to decipher what is being sung), the track still “works” on the strength of its production value. Indeed, like each song on the album, it boasts an outro that teeters on being a different song altogether – yet is the best of example of how such a concept can work. Initially a mellow groove, the track builds into a Reggae-esque climax that will have you doing the “bogle” and “butterfly” ‘til your joints hurt.

4) Strawberry Bubblegum:
    With lyrics such as “She’s my little strawberry bubblegum”, this is as empty as its title suggests. Filler.

5) Tunnel Vision:
    Another classic Timbaland offering, the track is a mid-tempo that manages to be busy in the best of ways. For, it serves up heavily stacked vocals, tribal sprinklings, and of course, ample use of “that” falsetto. The track’s only Achilles’ Heel is its length, which may leave many wondering where the end of the tunnel is.

6) Spaceship Coupe:
    Standout alert! Musically, there’s little else that delights more than a track that lives up to the quirky demands of its title. As such, we were elated at how astronomically stellar ‘Spaceship Coupe’ is. From its radio-ready melody to its epic guitar solo, this has embedded within it the makings of a monster single. Timberlake sings “Welcome to my spaceship coupe, there’s only room for two”. In many ways we wish he was singing it to us, that way this gem of track could be our selfish little secret. Incredible.

7) That Girl:
    Motown-like and melody driven, ‘Girl’ is very much a sing-a-long-song affair. Timberlake belts “I’m in love with that girl, so don’t be mad at me” and after listening to this, we’d have no reason to be. Solid album track.

cool Let The Groove Get In:
    With its pulsating tribal intro, it’s clear from the start that the song’s title is more a command than it is a question. A hot pot of sounds, the track tackles “world music” with a contemporary flare – and will easily garner play in the club, on radio, and even at your local Salsa class! Infectious horns and cowbells leave the song ringing in one’s ear, while the catchy hook seals the deal. Timberlake chants “Are you comfortable (right there, right there). Let the groove get in!” One listen to this and you quite literally don’t have a choice. The best track on the album. Hands down.

9) Mirrors:
    Having just hit #1 on the UK charts without a video, it’s clear what the masses think of ‘Mirrors’. Does it innovate or titillate in the way other tracks on the album do? No. Yet, in tapping into the lyrical richness and sound that made ‘FutureSex’ such a hit, the mid-tempo serves as a safe, yet solid cut that has appeased the singer’s fiercest followers in a way ‘Suit & Tie’ couldn’t.

10) Blue Ocean Floor:
    While the schizophrenic production sparkles at points, it doesn’t pack enough to elevate this beyond filler status. What’s more, its “last track” placing somewhat mars the solid sequencing of the album. Random positioning for a random track.

Conclusive:

With ‘The 20/20 Experience’, Justin Timberlake serves up a sonically cohesive set that potently sells the vision of who he is (or, at least, wants to be) artistically at this point of his career.

Is the album without fault? Of course not. Exhausting runtimes and pretentious intro’s and outro’s suggest the LP thinks it’s better than it actually is. While radio programmers may struggle to pin-point songs that are single worthy. Indeed, the cuts screaming for “single treatment” here aren’t doing so because they meet a popular sound quota; it’s because they’re simply so good that they demand it. As such, when the hype has subsided, it’ll be interesting to see if radio keep spinning or tire of the song’s unstructured structure.

Whatever the case, the album shines best as a body of work and should ultimately be celebrated as such.

‘The 20/20 Experience’ hits stores in Europe on March 18th, and a day later in the US.

…is a Global Moderator.

Male

Post by Tony Marino Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:22 pm

I am sure there will be at least 3 hits and many remixes from this album.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:41 pm

I guess.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male

Post by Chris Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:49 am

JT is hosting SNL tonight and is also going to be the music performer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:31 am