CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+4
Shale
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
8 posters

What do you have a good memory for?

Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

What do you have a good memory for? Empty What do you have a good memory for?

Post by Tony Marino Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:17 pm

My memory for song lyrics is pretty good. I pick up on them really easily and they stick with me for years.

Whether you have a good or bad memory, is there anything specific that you're above average on with remembering? numbers, faces, names, directions, dates, event memories, etc. etc.?
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

What do you have a good memory for? Empty Re: What do you have a good memory for?

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:18 pm

Trivia
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

What do you have a good memory for? Empty Re: What do you have a good memory for?

Post by Bluesmama Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:28 pm

Faces, events, sometimes stuff said.

I used to literally give people the creeps with the things I could remember, even about them. I swear, my friends think I remember their childhoods better than they do. There was a time when you could stand in front of me in a store line and I'd remember you if I passed you on the street 3 years later. It isn't that way anymore although I still stun people.

Too bad it didn't work that way with my studies. But I had a reading disability (still do) and seldom retain what I've read.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:30 pm

I have CRS, but now and then a long-term memory will pop up that surprises me. Like plant names.

I was into plants in the '70s & '80s both growing them and taxonomy and sometimes I'll see one and remember Boerhavia, Datura, Scindapsis, Crotolaria, etc.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Shale wrote:I have CRS, but now and then a long-term memory will pop up that surprises me. Like plant names.

I was into plants in the '70s & '80s both growing them and taxonomy and sometimes I'll see one and remember Boerhavia, Datura, Scindapsis, Crotolaria, Cannabis sativa, etc.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:... Cannabis sativa, etc.

Cannabis indica is better. big grin

Last edited by Shale on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:52 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:Trivia

This. Especially in movies and TV, I do very well on those questions in Trivial Pursuit.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:30 pm

i remember everything from when i was a kid... i even can describe the music box that was on my crib... remember the cops/ambulance coming when my dad died (i was three) even the rocking chair i was sitting on.

what i dont remember: ppl i dont truly are about... i dont know if it has something to do with my migraines.... but there are times in my 20s that i dont recall--- workign with certain ppl... stories of certain ppl. confuses me cause some things are soooo clear that happened so much longer ago
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

Whether you have a good or bad memory, is there anything specific that you're above average on with remembering? numbers, faces, names, directions, dates, event memories, etc. etc.?

My memory is horrible, I'm not good at remembering any of these.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:26 pm

Dates, birthdays, directions, if I have something pertinent to do, how many hours I did in overtime so I know what my check should look like, I'm pretty good with names and I remember faces well enough.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:32 pm

One time we were dining at the coast, and my husband thought this guy looked familiar. It was an older man with an Asian woman about 15 years younger than him, but he didn't look familiar to me. . . at the time.

Within a year later that man popped into our office and I immediately remembered him then. And I told him where I'd seen him before (restaurant in Lincoln City). His face totally froze and he was not amused (but he agreed he was there). My husband told me later on that I shouldn't have said anything because the old guy could have been having an affair.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:54 pm