CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

How did Charlie and Matilda get their names?

TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

How did Charlie and Matilda get their names? Empty How did Charlie and Matilda get their names?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:36 am

I must have missed the significance of the names. Matilda is a really uncommon name, so I was wondering is she was named after someone. I've only known one Matilda my whole live.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

How did Charlie and Matilda get their names? Empty Re: How did Charlie and Matilda get their names?

Post by gmruss4 Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:53 pm

I don't think everything has a significance, I think their parents just picked them out randomly.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

How did Charlie and Matilda get their names? Empty Re: How did Charlie and Matilda get their names?

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Aug 30, 2010 1:09 am

Okay - lol! I thought maybe it was a great-grandma or something like that. Thanks. Smile
    TexasLady
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by TexasLady Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:59 pm

Cane should never be allowed to name a child. He named Delia (Cordelia) and he is the one that picked Mathilda's name and both those names are horrible.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:45 pm

LOL - I didn't want to say that because I didn't want to insult anyone with that name but I agree. That's why I assumed Matilda had been named after someone - like on B&B when the one twin was Phoebe - that's another name I'd never choose for a child but at least she was named after her Grandma.

Cordelia makes me think of Anne of Green Gables. She thought the name was very romantic and wanted to be called Cordelia - lol!
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 pm

No offense here, I don't know where he reached and got those names from and yeah, they are terrible.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:54 pm

Charlie's not so bad, but I literally cringe when I hear Matilda. I bet she'll be shortening it to Matti as soon as she can.
    TexasLady
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by TexasLady Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:09 am

I am sure it will be Mattie. Lily called her that just the other day
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:01 pm

Maybe they'll change it. I can deal with Mattie.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:03 am

Mattie I can deal with. Smile Charlie, too.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 pm

I guess we are goin to have to get used to them since they already named them.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:24 am

Of course. It's not like we an change them. Still, I wonder what TPTB re thinking sometimes.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:32 pm

Sure don't know because IMO they could have come up with someting better than that.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:45 am

LOL - ITA! Days let fans vote on the names for Bo and Hope's baby girl. I thought that was a cool idea. Smile
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:28 pm

Sure did and I hope they do a lot better with Victoria and Billy's baby.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:34 pm

I hope so but I have to admit that I'm a bit... concerned, given the last few baby names.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:31 pm

I know you are right. Hope she don't lose it and they get a chance to actually name it.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:49 pm

I hope so too! I'm just glad Delia goes by Delia, not Cordelia - what a name!
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:26 pm

You know, I forgot about that child's name too. They really have been messing up for awhile now. :biggrin:
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:26 pm

LOL! I work with kids who have some pretty unusual names - who would name their kid Random? I can't think of any more right now - it's been a LONG day - but every now and the you come across names and wonder what in the world the parents were thinking.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:38 pm

So funny. I would come closer to naming mine days of the week than that. lol
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:11 am

Yeah - me too! There are also kids who totally don't fit their names - Serene - and she's the loudest, most disruptive kid in the class, with serious behavioural issues and a mouth on her like you wouldn't believe - and she won't be 11 until October. Harmony, the noisiest kid in the class - that's another total misfit.

The ironic thing with Random is that the name actually totally suits him - he's the most random kid in the class - can be rude, off task, really odd. There's a kid with the last name Dick and that's totally what he is.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:20 pm

Well since Victoria lost her baby I guess we won't have to worry about them messing up her baby's name.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:33 pm

Yeah. I'm upset she lost the baby but with Victor out there, maybe it's the best.
    gmruss4
    gmruss4
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female

Post by gmruss4 Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:14 pm

I am serious. I couldn't beleive after she lost that baby he came over and tried to talk her away from Billy again. I at least thought he was coming by to say I am sorry but what was I thinking.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm