CC33

Have you ever been in a relationship with someone you secretly couldn't stand?

Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

default Have you ever been in a relationship with someone you secretly couldn't stand?

Post by Chris on Sun Mar 14, 2010 9:35 am

Have you ever dated someone who (personality-wise) you really didn't like that much?
    How long did the relationship last and in hindsight why did you bother?

“I am so clever that sometimes
    I don't understand a single word
    of what I am saying.”
    - Oscar Wilde

Email ↓
    conversationchamber@gmail.com
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

default Re: Have you ever been in a relationship with someone you secretly couldn't stand?

Post by RedBedroom on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:09 pm

Yes, I have been. He was awful, but I was young and immature, and had a good job while I was going to college, and he played off all my insecurities in getting me to stay. Looking back on it with a much more mature thought process, I could have ended it sooner and certainly should have.
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

default Re: Have you ever been in a relationship with someone you secretly couldn't stand?

Post by stavdash on Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:27 pm

When I was younger, I briefly dated this guy who was a complete and utter diva, who bored/irked the hell out of me. I forgot how we met, I think it was through a mutual friend. Anyway, we hung out for a bit and started dating out of boredom. At least that was my reasoning. Whenever the phone would ring, I would hope that it wasn't him. When it was, I would spend the entire conversation rolling my eyes and making frustrated faces in the background. It got to the point where our thing was basically phone tag, with me trying my damnedest to avoid talking to him. Finally I had enough and told him to not call me back.
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 am

I dated this guy who I thought was cool but became irritatingly clingy. I was so disturbed by his nuerotic behavior that I started avoiding him. Guess I stuck around because I didn't wanna be mean because he was nice and because I don't like negative confrontation. But after a while I really started resenting him. Eventually he must have gotten the picture that I wasn't interested anymore and he stopped calling. In HINDSIGHT I wish I had been more direct with him though. I wasted my own time.

CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 7:26 am

I don't have the patience or interest to be bothered with pretending. If I am becoming disinterested or annoyed with someone I'm seeing, I go ahead and end it before it becomes a burden.
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ on Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:28 am

^ Pretty much how I feel.

I just say "listen trick...you're on my nerves. We can still get together and do it every now and then, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 on Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:09 pm

Marc wrote:^ Pretty much how I feel.

I just say "listen trick...you're on my nerves. We can still get together and do it every now and then, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to ask you to leave."

LOL! Ur still crazy...

To answer the question: nope, not really. I can say that there have been times where I couldn't stand them, but I haven't stayed with someone I just in general didn't like. If I don't like you, I don't fuck with you. Period.
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:27 pm

bump

“I am so clever that sometimes
    I don't understand a single word
    of what I am saying.”
    - Oscar Wilde

Email ↓
    conversationchamber@gmail.com
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:52 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I don't have the patience or interest to be bothered with pretending. If I am becoming disinterested or annoyed with someone I'm seeing, I go ahead and end it before it becomes a burden.
    yeah that…

If it's the right direction - swim upstream.

Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama on Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 pm

I ended up that way with my first husband.

Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem,
    first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes
    .”
    -- author unknown --
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee on Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:34 pm

Chris wrote:Have you ever dated someone who (personality-wise) you really didn't like that much?
    How long did the relationship last and in hindsight why did you bother?

I've been in relationships that went bad but I never started out dating someone I thought was an annoying pain in the ass right off the bat.

My nephew Tony's little brother and me...

"The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong -- but that's the way to bet."
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh on Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:38 pm

i had a love/hate relationship... i stupidaly thoguht that if i loved him, i could overlook things... that loving was part of accepting.

WRONG

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:49 pm