CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+11
Chris
Nhaiyel
Wadsworth
kinetic
SecHandNews
GG
JADACITY
Rule Breaker
Marc™
mindfuck
Jason B.
15 posters

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread.

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread. Empty The 'South Park' Discussion Thread.

Post by Jason B. Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:23 pm

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread. South-10

New season starts tonight. They're gonna be lampooning T. Woods - which makes me nervous because in the last 5 or 6 years, their poking fun at headlines has been hit or miss.
    mindfuck
    mindfuck
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 0

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread. Empty Re: The 'South Park' Discussion Thread.

Post by mindfuck Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:54 pm

Wasn't bad to me. One of the few times in the last oh eight or nine years that SP was able to mock a headline for the sake of making an "a-duh!!!" point, WITHOUT all that being more important than the humor. The way they painted Elin a psycho-crazed accented wife with a violent temper was hilarious.

7/10.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread. Empty Re: The 'South Park' Discussion Thread.

Post by Marc™ Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:13 am

The Tiger Woods scandal was already done to death by SNL and late night talk shows, but they did something different by adding the scandal into the Tiger Woods EA sports game parody. The Sex rehab was interesting and the celebs who popped up were pretty funny. So it wasn't bad I guess, I'll give it a 7.

Ugly Americans was better. That was a good pilot episode.
    Rule Breaker
    Rule Breaker
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by Rule Breaker Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:01 am

A+ episode. Best opening since the "naggers" premiere.
    JADACITY
    JADACITY
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male

Post by JADACITY Sat Mar 27, 2010 4:12 pm

The past episode this Wednesday stunk IMO.
    GG
    GG
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 1

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread. Empty Anyone saw South Park 200th Episode?

Post by GG Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:42 am

South Park fans how did you like South Park's 200th episode last night? If you could rate it on a scale from 1-10?
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:24 am

I liked how they brought back many of the celebrities they've mocked throughout the years and reopened old plots, like who Cartman's real father might actually be. It was the best episode they had in awhile IMO.
    kinetic
    kinetic
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
    Rep : 19

Post by kinetic Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:14 am

I almost didn't watch but I'm glad I did because it was pretty awesome! A real blast from the past. I felt such a callback to classic South Park when I saw the appearances of Mr. Hat, Mecha-Streisand, and the reawakening of the Who is Eric Cartman's father saga. We all thought they had forgotten about that.

There was ONE aspect of classic South Park not addressed, however. One character who was killed off in Season 10 due to the voice actor protesting their Scientology attacks. I'm of course referring to Chef, even though the character is dead, they might still bring him back, but as his Darth Vader persona.

As for Cartman's real father, I forsee only TWO possibilities:

1. Chef, and they do a Return of the Jedi thing.

2. Mephisto, since if anybody could easily tamper with the results, it would be him.

It's all gonna come down next week, and may God help them if they pull another "April Fools" thing. I doubt they will because:
    1. That's gotten old. They referenced that in "Cartoon Wars" and they spoofed it in an episode last year.
    2. It's long passed April Fools Day
    GG
    GG
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by GG Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:15 pm

true. I didn't like the April Fool's prank. I thought it was great how they reopened several previous plots, but it seemed to be several topics addressed in less amount of time.

I would love to see Chef come back, they can do it like they do with Kenny. But, who else will play the voice of Chef?

I think the weird mad scientist guy may be Cartman's dad since they have a similar shaped head, but just a guess.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:28 pm

Tom Cruise jumping up & down on Oprah's couch was fucking funny as hell! laughing
    GG
    GG
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by GG Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 am

LOL...I know!
    How does Tom cruise feel about how South Park portrayed him?
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:26 am

GG wrote:LOL...I know!
    How does Tom cruise feel about how South Park portrayed him?

I thought I heard that either him, or Paramount, publicly blasted the show for mocking him and Scientology. This was right before the release of MI3 and I remember reading analysts saying that it was a stupid move on his part, because the MI franchise targets the same demographic that watches SP, and that he stood a chance of alienating that audience by being so anal retentive about the mockery.
    GG
    GG
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by GG Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:35 pm

Tom Cruise should have just laughed it off and not being so anal. Now South Park may never let it go and show Cruise on a few additional episodes in the near future...lol. But I still like Cruise too.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:41 pm

The Simpsons defend South Park

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread. UoDdf
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:29 pm

Last night's episode was one of the shows all time worse.
    GG
    GG
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female

Post by GG Sat May 01, 2010 5:30 am

lol..I agree. I loved it when South Park had a couple of Simpson themes, was like 2 of my favorite cartoons merging. Honestly, I'm not much of a Family Guy fan at all and majority of the time it doesn't make me laugh. And yet, I watch it on an almost daily basis..quite ironic.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat May 01, 2010 2:25 pm

GG wrote:lol..I agree. I loved it when South Park had a couple of Simpson themes, was like 2 of my favorite cartoons merging. Honestly, I'm not much of a Family Guy fan at all and majority of the time it doesn't make me laugh. And yet, I watch it on an almost daily basis..quite ironic.

Family Guy is freaking HILARIOUS!! I think it's way better than South Park now and the Simpsons. Although, I'm not feeling The Cleveland Show that much. Family Guy is the ONLY thing I watch on that racist ass FOX network.
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:19 am

I get a few chuckles from FG but the episodes be so random & uncoordinated that i don't really fall out.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Wed Oct 06, 2010 9:29 pm

New season starts tonight.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:33 pm

There's a SP marathon on Comedy Central right now.
    Jaws
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 7

Post by Jaws Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:01 am

Just one more week until the season 15 premiere!
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:57 pm

New season starts tonight.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male

Post by Marc™ Thu Apr 28, 2011 2:08 am

The episode was weak.

South Park has fell off....bad.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Sat May 07, 2011 8:18 pm

SP sucks now. Used to be one of my favorite shows, now I watch it mostly out of habit. It's not funny anymore.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

The 'South Park' Discussion Thread. Empty New season of South Park begins tonight.

Post by Chris Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:08 pm

The new season begins tonight. I had no idea up until a few minutes ago when I saw an ad for it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:40 am