CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

3 posters

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote Empty Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Post by Supernova Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:43 am

I've spent 2 days tearing apart the house looking for my copy of this book, I got it last year when the bookstore was open and it was a quarter, recently decided to dig it out and read it, finally found it tonight but won't be getting around to it until I get the ones I'm currently reading done. But has anybody else here read this book? Me, I haven't even seen the movie yet.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote Empty Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 pm

I've seen the movie about his biography....but I haven't read this particular book or seen that particular movie either. I keep meaning to read In Cold Blood, but never got around to it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote Empty Re: Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:47 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I've seen the movie about his biography....but I haven't read this particular book or seen that particular movie either. I keep meaning to read In Cold Blood, but never got around to it.

Great book and film! I've never read Breakfast At Tiffany's or have seen the whole film but I've heard there differences between the two.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:16 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Great book and film! I've never read Breakfast At Tiffany's or have seen the whole film but I've heard there differences between the two.

Oh quite, I still haven't gotten around to reading it but I've heard that originally, Audrey Hepburn's character was 19, bisexual, she'd had an abortion, all kinds of stuff that they most likely couldn't put into the film even in the 60s.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:43 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
    Nystyle709 wrote:I've seen the movie about his biography....but I haven't read this particular book or seen that particular movie either. I keep meaning to read In Cold Blood, but never got around to it.

Going to the library tommorrow. There are quite a few books that I keep meaning to read, but when I go to the library, I forget the names of them, lol. I need to start writing them down.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:24 pm

I just recently saw this movie. I really enjoyed. Really. I've found myself enjoying a lot of older movies lately. I dunno, I guess it's just fascinating to me how places and things looked backed then. And I'm prob. 50 yrs too late....but I think I'm becoming an Audry Hepburn fan.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:41 am