CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

5 posters

More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"  Empty More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"

Post by Chris Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:44 am

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b246828_more_tracy_morgan_fallout_chris_rock.html#ixzz1P9LozYlT

More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"
    Sun., Jun. 12, 2011 10:39 AM PDT
    by Brandi Fowler

More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"  425.morgan.rock.jackson.cm.61211
    Bryan Bedder/Getty Images, Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images, Jemal Countess/Getty Images

Things just keep getting worse for Tracy Morgan.

On the heels of Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin's reactions to his recent controversial comedy show, 30 Rock star Cheyenne Jackson is also speaking out about Morgan's homophobic jokes…and not in a supportive way (to say the least).

Although Morgan apologized Thursday for going "too far" with his comedy club act, Jackson, who is openly gay, fired back in a statement to Out.

"I am disgusted and appalled by Tracy Morgan's homophobic rant," Jackson said. "The devastating repercussions of hate-filled language manifest in very real ways for today's LGBTQ youth. I've known Tracy for two years, spent many long hours with him on set, and I want to believe that this behavior is not at the core of who he is. I'm incredibly disappointed by his actions, and hope that his apology is sincere."

And that's not all.

While it appeared Chris Rock was one of few stars (OK, maybe the only one) supporting Morgan's antics, the funnyman quickly rebutted his supportive tweets after reading what Morgan actually said during the stand-up.

Upon hearing the news Rock initially tweeted, "I dont know about you, but I dont want to live in world where Tracy Morgan cant say foul inappropriate s—."

Just a day later, however, he switched up that statement, saying "Tracy morgan is a tad off we all know that so when tracy says something i usually don't take it anymore serious than i would a statement from gary busey or flavor flav. when i first heard the statement i thought it was offensive but it also reminded me of my father saying ill kill you if you ever bring home a white girl but after reading everything tracy said. wow i get it that s–t wasn't called for and i don't support it at all. now can i please go to the tony awards without getting my ass kicked."

Morgan does seem to have one supporter left, however, CNN pundit Roland S. Martin.

"Why is comedian and "30 Rock" star Tracy Morgan issuing a mea culpa for saying nasty, vicious and vile things during a stand-up routine? Isn't that par for the course of a comedian?" Martin wrote on his blog. "There isn't enough space on the Internet to chronicle the number of times a comedian has said nasty and vile things. Some of it leading the audience to fall out laughing or sometimes, or as in the case of Morgan, walk out in protest … Oh yes, you'll say, "But Roland, you criticized Michael Richards for using the N-word." Sure did. What's the difference? I said then and now that Richards directly attacked an audience member and his use of the N-word had nothing to do with his routine. If it was in the context of a routine, it would not have been received the same."

—Reporting by Noelia Murphy
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 153

More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"  Empty Re: More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 am

I agree what he said sucked and all. Just kind of makes me chuckle that people get so angry about somebody saying something homophobic but we can slam religion all we want and to whatever level of hate we want. I don't follow this guy but doesn't seem to me the guy's a typically "nice" comedian. Isn't this just in-character for the guy? Geez.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 62

More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"  Empty Re: More Tracy Morgan Fallout: Chris Rock Backtracks, 30 Rock Star "Disgusted"

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:06 am

FM, you can never seem to stay on topic when it comes to homophobia or racism. It always has to come back to religion for you. Why don't you just make a topic about your feelings on the matter already?

--

Anyway, I haven't even heard his comments. I guess it's time to do some Googlin'.
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:52 pm

Rockbird wrote:FM, you can never seem to stay on topic when it comes to homophobia or racism. It always has to come back to religion for you. Why don't you just make a topic about your feelings on the matter already?

It is on topic. lol I find the "outrage" over this supposed homophobia to be phony.

And the reason I don't MAKE a topic is cause I don't really feel the need to. Razz
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:39 pm

Yet you bitch incessantly about it. Change the record.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:00 pm

Rockbird wrote:

Anyway, I haven't even heard his comments. I guess it's time to do some Googlin'.

WHY I NO LONGER "LIKE" Tracy Morgan - A MUST READ

So tonight was the night, Tracy Morgan in the hallowed halls of the Ryman Auditorium. I always giggle a little bit when I think that the legends of country music must be rolling over in their graves knowing that there are raunchy comics on their stage. I've been a big fan of his since his days at SNL. The show was your typical hysterical dick, cum and pussy humor... I have to say it was hilarious and well worth at least 40% of the $86 we spent per ticket to see him. I figured at some point the gay jokes would fly and I'm well prepared for a good ribbing of straight gay humor. I have very thick skin when it comes to humor; I can dish and I can take. What I can't take is when Mr. Morgan took it upon himself to mention about how he feels all this gay shit was crazy and that women are a gift from God and that "Born this Way" is bullshit, gay is a choice, and the reason he knows this is exactly because "God don't make no mistakes" (referring to God not making someone gay cause that would be a mistake). He said that there is no way a woman could love and have sexual desire for another woman, that's just a woman pretending because she hates a fucking man. He took time to visit the bullshit of this bullying stuff and informed us that the gays needed to quit being pussies and not be whining about something as insignificant as bullying. He mentioned that gay was something kids learn from the media and programming, and that bullied kids should just bust some ass and beat those other little fuckers that bully them, not whine about it. He said if his son that was gay he better come home and talk to him like a man and not [he mimicked a gay, high pitched voice] or he would pull out a knife and stab that little N (one word I refuse to use) to death. He mentioned that Barack Obama needed to man up and quit being all down with this just because he has a wife and two daughters. All of this being followed by thunderous cheer and "You go Tracys". Tracy then said he didn't fucking care if he pissed off some gays, because if they can take a fucking dick up their ass... they can take a fucking joke.

The sad thing is that none of this rant was a joke. His entire demeanor changed during that portion of the night. He was truly filled with some hate towards us. As far as I could see 10 to 15 people walked out. I had to fight myself to stay seated, but I knew if I got up... he won. He wanted to piss people off and get a rise. I didn't let him win by chasing me off, he surely didn't get any applause or laughter from me after that point - mainly because he was no longer funny to me. I wasn't holding back, it just wasn't funny. I won't even get started on his rant about how women should be home cooking him a fucking meal and not becoming CEOs or him talking about fucking the moms of retards.

Once again, I can take a joke. I find all sorts of things that are inappropriate funny. Life is too serious to not laugh and enjoy some humor. I now no longer enjoy Tracy Morgan's humor. It's sad that I now have to take some inventory of my love of "30 Rock".

I'm not angry... just very very very disappointed.

This is the facebook post that first got this story out (via Pam's House Blend)
    http://www.pamshouseblend.com/diary/19423/not-funny-tracy-morgan
    Forgiveness Man
    Forgiveness Man
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Male

Post by Forgiveness Man Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:20 pm

Rockbird wrote:Yet you bitch incessantly about it. Change the record.

I don't bitch about it any more than anybody else bitches about their own stuff.
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    (Oh!) Rob Petrie
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by (Oh!) Rob Petrie Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:14 pm

*pets head*

Cute.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:16 pm

He's not that funny as a stand-up comic. Does better in sitcoms.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:10 am