CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

J.D. Salinger

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

J.D. Salinger Empty J.D. Salinger

Post by Supernova Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:31 am

Your thoughts?

I read The Catcher in the Rye once several years back...I thought it was okay but nothing spectacular...but I guess that's not really what people look at when they talk about how great it was or whatever...instead they seem to focus on the fact that J.D was 16...or was it 17?, when he wrote it, but even then, that's not the whole story because they forget to mention it took him a course of 10 years to finish the book.

I haven't read any of his other work so I couldn't comment on any of it, and it's to my understanding that now that he's died, some of his unpublished works might come out at some point in the future. If so, I'll look forward to reading them, and hoping they were better than Catcher. But how about everybody else? What'd you think of his works?
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    MandyPerfumeGirl
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 26

J.D. Salinger Empty Re: J.D. Salinger

Post by MandyPerfumeGirl Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:00 pm

The only work that I've read of Salinger's is "The Catcher in the Rye" and I thought it was a fantastic book. It was full of metaphors and I love that it sounded like a teenager was writing it, a very insightful teenager at that. All in all, a great book, in my opinion!

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:19 pm