CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

2 posters

New project

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

New project Empty New project

Post by Supernova Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:33 pm

Lol, I'm such a nerd, these things would only mean something to *me*.

Spring break of 2003 was the first time that I ever went to the library, and when I got my first library card, and I've been using it ever since, seldom a week goes by I don't use it to pick up at least something but I usually wind up with a whole stack. I told my mother about this and she said 'I wonder how many books you've read in the last 10 years?', well I thought it was a good question.

Unfortunately the number of books I actually read all the way through is much smaller than the number of books I've checked out, but what I'm going to do, the next time I go, is make a list of all the books I know I finished from there and see how many it comes to. I think I could already pick a lot of the titles off the top of my head but I want to have a look around and see it all for myself.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

New project Empty Re: New project

Post by wants2laugh Sun Mar 17, 2013 2:17 am

i know that feeling. I had well over 500 books.... all over my house... to the point that my hubby screamed and yelled.. they were in the bathroom, the closets, the kitchen.

so one day i threw out my end tables and coffee tables, made stacks out of the books and put glass tops on them to make new tables... it hid the number of books for quite some time. i also had a friend whose wife only allowed him 500 books at one time. we made lists of what we owned, then used each others libraries.. it was great. I was just telling someone this story earlier.

i have read tens of thousands of books... i mean i know i was in the library before i was even in school. i read most of stephen kings before i was eight or nine. i wouldnt even attempt to try to make a list, cause i dont remember titles.

unless they were REALLY REALLY good.

SN, there is an awesome book i found as a teen that you would enjoy--- it was called "Holocaust Conspiracy: An International Policy of Genocide" check it out

http://www.amazon.com/The-Holocaust-Conspiracy-International-Genocide/dp/0944007244

Current date/time is Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:39 am