People who piss on your parade. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

People who piss on your parade.

Go down 
+3
wants2laugh
Cheaps
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
7 posters
AuthorMessage
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

People who piss on your parade. Empty
PostSubject: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:11 pm

I got a new job yesterday working for an airline, and two people, at different times, reacted very poorly to how much I get paid. It really pissed me off.

How do you handle people who just seem to always say the wrong thing? blank stare @ you
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:15 pm

I don't know a lot of people who do that. If i am around a person like that, i don't let them bother me.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 4:32 pm

My mother is like that. I worked for 8yrs and she never considered me having a "real job". Not until i went to work with her at the post office. now she is retired and she keeps telling me the post office is going to close and i will be jobless again. just so negative.

The best thing to do is realize that something really bad probably happened to these people to make them think that way. I have to remind myself all the time that my mom had a bad life, and i should be grateful mine was better.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:15 pm

Had a co-worker like that and I mostly just ignored her - was professional but that was it. She loved to complain but the minute someone else did, she brushed it off or dismissed it or said she was onyl focusing on the positive that day, though she complained a LOT!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:44 pm

First, congratulations on the job. Second, I guess it depends on who the culprit is. Do you get a discount to fly? Maybe one day you'll get to rub that in their face if they bitch about the cost of a ticket.

@wants2laugh, if your mom is the one who steered you into your "real job" at the P.O., tell her you're moving back in with her if they close.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Thanks! And yes, I get to travel at, like, a 70% discount.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptyFri Jul 15, 2011 6:13 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
@wants2laugh, if your mom is the one who steered you into your "real job" at the P.O., tell her you're moving back in with her if they close.

that is awesome! evil grin

And that is great about the 70% discount... i would be going everywhere! go gurl!
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:38 am

Even before they offered my the job officially, they said that they could help me get back to Germany with a $300 ticket.

I had to change my pants.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 1:51 am

My brother is the ultimate pessimist, everything's bad, everything's going to go wrong where he is concerned. I don't think he could be optimistic about anything if his life depended on it.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptySat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 pm

I used to let those kind of things bother me, but now I try to shrug it off. They probably feel something is wrong in their life, so cut something about me down to make themselves feel better.

Rob, congrats on the new job! That is awesome!!
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:12 am

Thank you! big grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: People who piss on your parade.   People who piss on your parade. Empty

Back to top Go down

People who piss on your parade.
Page 1 of 1