Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?

Go down 
+6
CeCe
Tony Marino
Cheaps
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  Empty
PostSubject: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 7:59 am

When you're filling up your car, what kind of gas do you use: unleaded or premium?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:15 am

Premium. Always. Premium stays in your car longer.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 10:34 am

Chris wrote:
When you're filling up your car, what kind of gas do you use: unleaded or premium?

Technically Chris, premium is unleaded too. I use what the manufacturer recommends, 87 octane, i.e. "Regular". NY, I'm sure you have all sorts of empirical data to support using higher octane fuel in cars engineered for lower but I think it's actually a waste of money because it's unnecessary. The only difference I notice in my gas mileage is when they switch to the winter formula. Then my milwage goes down but not because of the octane rating.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:11 pm

unleaded... it's the cheapest.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:18 pm

cheaps wrote:

It's ALL unleaded!
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:20 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
cheaps wrote:

It's ALL unleaded!

O. I get the cheapest one then Smile
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Regular
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:03 pm

cheaps wrote:
Alan Smithee wrote:

It's ALL unleaded!

O. I get the cheapest one then Smile

co-signs
Back to top Go down
tmontyb
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
tmontyb

Male
Rep : 37

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 2:21 pm

I buy premium because I'm dumb when it comes to the mechanics of cars and because my var is a V-6, I'm afraid putting anything less my mess things up.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 3:08 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:
Chris wrote:

Technically Chris, premium is unleaded too. I use what the manufacturer recommends, 87 octane, i.e. "Regular". NY, I'm sure you have all sorts of empirical data to support using higher octane fuel in cars engineered for lower but I think it's actually a waste of money because it's unnecessary. The only difference I notice in my gas mileage is when they switch to the winter formula. Then my milwage goes down but not because of the octane rating.

I used to think the same thing. It's not unnecessary because it depends on the make and model of your car. For instance, I had a friend who bought a BMW. BMW M3 to be exact. BMW recommends that you burn premium fuel to utilize the maxium performance of the car. When gas prices started going up, he thought he could put regular in there to save money. Kept putting it in, his engine started knocking. Then the tranny started to act up, wasn't shifting as smooth as it used to. I've had older cars and I've gotten five to seven miles better gas mileage to the gallon by burning premium fuel. My current car requires it and I won't put in anything less. If your car doesn't require it, then you don't have to use it.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 4:39 pm

true. my mustang V6 says "Regular only" in the owner's manual. My V8 says "Premium only"

The only time i ever had any problem with the car caused by gas was when they turned to ethynol. My 96 V8 did not like the gas with ethynol and the engine light would go on and off until i used that tank and filled it with non-ethynol gas. Now, the law states that all gas contain 10% ethynol, so i guess im lucky i no longer have that car
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 5:50 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Alan Smithee wrote:

Technically Chris, premium is unleaded too. I use what the manufacturer recommends, 87 octane, i.e. "Regular". NY, I'm sure you have all sorts of empirical data to support using higher octane fuel in cars engineered for lower but I think it's actually a waste of money because it's unnecessary. The only difference I notice in my gas mileage is when they switch to the winter formula. Then my mileage goes down but not because of the octane rating.

I used to think the same thing. It's not unnecessary because it depends on the make and model of your car. For instance, I had a friend who bought a BMW. BMW M3 to be exact. BMW recommends that you burn premium fuel to utilize the maximum performance of the car. When gas prices started going up, he thought he could put regular in there to save money. Kept putting it in, his engine started knocking. Then the tranny started to act up, wasn't shifting as smooth as it used to. I've had older cars and I've gotten five to seven miles better gas mileage to the gallon by burning premium fuel. My current car requires it and I won't put in anything less. If your car doesn't require it, then you don't have to use it.

I didn't say all cars run fine on "regular". I said use what the manufacturer recommends. If your owner's manual tells you to use a higher octane, you should do it by all means. I have used premium gas in an older car thinking it would perform better. It didn't.
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptySun Jul 17, 2011 8:53 pm

Regular/unleaded.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 3:00 am

Regular. With gas prices the way they are, there's no way I'm paying more than I have to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?    Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you buy regular unleaded or the premium?
Page 1 of 1