Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?

Go down 
+5
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Chris
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? Empty
PostSubject: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 7:56 am

No one here has taken any formal survey's I'm sure, but based on what you have observed, which group seems to be the happiest with life; people who claim religion, or people who don't?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:05 am

I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else but I'm just fine and dandy. And frankly, I think anyone who tries to speak for someone else on the matter is talking out of their ass.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 8:34 am

Both sides think they can speak for everyone else. No point in trying. Besides, if I give my take, fights'll start. Razz

But I'll say this. It's a fairly senseless question to ask. Passionate Religious people will more than likely see themselves as happier than their non-religious counterparts. Passionate Non-religious people will likely either see themselves or happier or be of the mindset that religious people are only happier because they are deluding themselves with their beliefs and such. Sure, there'll likely be exceptions but I think this'd likely be the reaction. Those not passionate towards either side would be a tad harder to predict, though I'd guess they'd be somewhere in the middle. At the end of the day, it'd all be just more validation of what said person believes.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:03 am

Alan Smithee wrote:
I wouldn't presume to speak for anyone else but I'm just fine and dandy. And frankly, I think anyone who tries to speak for someone else on the matter is talking out of their ass.
co-signs

Notwithstanding my BELIEF that ppl who subscribe to religions can be self-delusionally happier.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:04 am

^^^^ Just as I thought. big grin
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 9:46 am

Well, Jesus never said that following Him was going to be an easy task all the time, and not without battles and issues throughout life--take up your cross and follow, means take all the crap that may come with that.

I don't think that you can really say that people with or without religion are happier than the other group--it's all in how you view life, individually and overcome what it is you need to overcome when a roadblock is tossed in your path. There are plenty of people out there who believe in God/religion, who are unhappy for various reasons, or feel stuck at some point in their lives, as well as plenty of people who are non-believers who feel the same way.

Likewise, there are those from both camps who have figured out what makes them happy, so I think it's more appropriate to say that happiness/contentment is a direct result of how you choose to see life, look beyond your current situation/problems and focus on your ultimate goal(s), whether or not you believe in God.

But personally, I'd rather have God in my corner because that makes me happy to know that carrying my own cross is not without purpose.

Last edited by Hyacinth Girl on Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:06 am

I can't answer that. There are miserable people with and without religion. And for anyone to assume anything different because a person may not subscribe to your beliefs is ridiculous. People find solace in their religion. Wherever you find contentment.....that's on you.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 10:59 am

I think it's about equal.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 11:43 am

I live in the state with the lowest "believers", and they are every bit as miserable as anywhere else, religion or not.

Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? EmptyMon Jul 18, 2011 1:36 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
Besides, if I give my take, fights'll start. Razz

I completely respect your views and opinions--- just not the one about people in heaven not wanting sex! Smile

Through my OWN observations, people are equally happy/miserable with/without religion. however, my jewish and catholic friends feel more guilty about life than others. And my born again christian friends seem to be more excited about spreading the "good news" and less aware of the evil around them. Just my take.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?   Who's happier: people with - or without - religion? Empty

Back to top Go down

Who's happier: people with - or without - religion?
Page 1 of 1