Anybody else tired of this? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anybody else tired of this?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Anybody else tired of this? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody else tired of this?   Anybody else tired of this? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 12:40 pm

I brought this up in the thread about the new Don't be Afraid of the Dark movie, but it seems more and more common, from the trailers anyway because I don't see the movies that come out, in a lot of horro/suspense movies the main character is a child who knows something is wrong and nobody believes them. And this is nothing new, look at Invaders from Mars almost 60 years ago; but I think it's getting tired, I don't know the ratio of movies where it's a kid nobody believes vs. an adult nobody believes, but I think it's more challenging and a bit more terrifying when it's a grown, logical, rational adult that everybody is suddenly questioning.

We were all kids and had that fear of nobody, not even our parents believing us about something, but a part of that is, I think, as kids, at least it seems, that you have to be of a certain age before people will believe you. The next step is what happens when you are that age and still people think you're making stuff up? There was a movie in the 40s or 50s called The Window about a 12 year old boy who witnessed a murder and nobody believed him, I never saw the whole thing but it reminded me a bit of Rear Window, even though Jeffries never actually SAW the murder, the problem was still there, nobody believed him, they had a rational explanation for everything he saw.

What's everybody else's take on this?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else tired of this?   Anybody else tired of this? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 1:19 pm

Supernova wrote:

What's everybody else's take on this?
Shrugs (Oh well…)
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else tired of this?   Anybody else tired of this? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:18 pm

I have no idea what you're talking about. I'm lost.
Back to top Go down
(Oh!) Rob Petrie
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
(Oh!) Rob Petrie

Male
Rep : 62

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else tired of this?   Anybody else tired of this? EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 4:26 pm

It's an easy way to extend a plot. That's why people use it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else tired of this?   Anybody else tired of this? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody else tired of this?
Page 1 of 1