Do childhood bullies grow out of it? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do childhood bullies grow out of it?

Go down 
+6
Jason B.
Supernova
CeCe
Nystyle709
Forgiveness Man
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Do childhood bullies grow out of it? Empty
PostSubject: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 7:59 am

If you've ever known anyone who was a bully as a child, when they became adults, did they still have that mentality; or did they grow out of it.

In general, do you think childhood bullies go on to become adult bullies as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:39 am

I guess it depends. I am sure they CAN grow out of it, just like they CAN be left to turn into sociopaths. I never followed any bullies into adulthood to really know.

I think it depends on what kind of intervention there is. If they are essentially rewarded for their behavior, why would they grow out of it?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:10 am

I guess they can. I actually was cool with someone who was 'somewhat' of a bully. She never bullied me....but she would go around and bully the other kids a little bit. I haven't spoken to her in ages but from what I gather....she doesn't do the same thing anymore, although she still has the same demeanor.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:39 am

A lot of them keep it up until they get their own ass whipped by an even bigger bully than them.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:50 am

They CAN but I seriously doubt they DO, I think a lot of them remain bullies, just on a different level.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 2:33 pm

I have seen former childhood bullies grow out of their penchant for going out of their way to pick on and taunt people, but most of the ones I've known keep that caustic edge to their personality. It's just part of who they are.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 4:04 pm

I am only in semi-regular contact with one person who could be described as a bully when we were kids. He's matured a great deal since then and I wouldn't describe him as a bully today.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:03 pm

Glad i can't help you because I never knew any bullies.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Actually, my daughter just lost a friend from her class in school, two days ago to suicide brought on by bullying and cyber-bullying.

We're waiting to find out about when or if there are going to be any services or just private for family only, and we're not sure how the boy killed himself. It's terrible, though, when bullying gets that bad that some people think the only escape is to commit suicide.

Poor kid--and I feel bad, but also at the same time, you have to be able to rise up, and not let things get to you so much, ask for help--whatever it is that will stop the bullying or at least allow you to take control over it.

Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 8:23 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
Actually, my daughter just lost a friend from her class in school, two days ago to suicide brought on by bullying and cyber-bullying.

We're waiting to find out about when or if there are going to be any services or just private for family only, and we're not sure how the boy killed himself. It's terrible, though, when bullying gets that bad that some people think the only escape is to commit suicide.

Poor kid--and I feel bad, but also at the same time, you have to be able to rise up, and not let things get to you so much, ask for help--whatever it is that will stop the bullying or at least allow you to take control over it.

That's terrible. It rocks you when it's that close to home. Especially shocking when you consider all the 'anti-bullying' awareness that's been in the media over the past year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:01 am

^^Yes, I'm sure there will be some sort of assembly to that fact, once high school resumes on the 31st around here. The funeral is this Friday, and here's a link to a Facebook tribute page that was created for the boy:

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/RIP-Suade-Cooley/208355979214214
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 12:17 am

Hy Girl, I am so sorry to read that. Just terrible.

As far as the original question, I think that most do age/mature out of the bullying. Maybe because they get their ass handed to them, or they realize that once they are in the real world, their high school status doesn't translate.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do childhood bullies grow out of it?   Do childhood bullies grow out of it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do childhood bullies grow out of it?
Page 1 of 1