Everything is going digital Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Everything is going digital

Go down 
+3
Chris
Shale
femme fatale
7 posters
AuthorMessage
femme fatale
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
femme fatale

Female
Rep : 46

Everything is going digital Empty
PostSubject: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 4:00 am

Now book stores are closing down, blockbuster already closed down. Music is mostly downloaded today, now video games are gonna stop putting game manuals in them...you can read them online...how do you feel about everything going digital?

I know I'm gonna miss the fresh smell of a new book, miss the excited feeling about opening a new movie or game. Now we will give a gift card for online instead of watching people open a new book or game.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:05 am

Yes, the Matrix we live in is becoming very impersonal.

I have a collection of over 550 DVD's. It is my comfort collection that surrounds my room on shelves like someone who surrounds himself with shelves of books, both becoming a scene of antiquity.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 9:45 am

On one hand, the digital age makes everything much more convenient. It's more convenient to stream a movie online via Netflix than it is to bother with video stores; it's more convenient to buy a music download from iTunes for your iPod (that holds a thousand songs and you can take with you anywhere) than it is to drive to the record store, buy a CD and then lug it around when you wanna hear it. That's the whole point of technology, to make things more accommodating.

On the other hand, all that convenience, I think is creating a certain amount of apathy. The excitement of having something new is lost when it's just that easy to come by. When I was a kid, there was excitement in the anticipation of your favorite singers new video premiering on MTV the following day at such and such time. There's no excitement in knowing you can just go to YouTube and watch it anytime you want.

So, yes, I think something is lost by the convenience of the digital age.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 10:38 am

Chris wrote:
On one hand, the digital age makes everything much more convenient. It's more convenient to stream a movie online via Netflix than it is to bother with video stores; it's more convenient to buy a music download from iTunes for your iPod (that holds a thousand songs and you can take with you anywhere) than it is to drive to the record store, buy a CD and then lug it around when you wanna hear it. That's the whole point of technology, to make things more accommodating.

On the other hand, all that convenience, I think is creating a certain amount of apathy. The excitement of having something new is lost when it's just that easy to come by. When I was a kid, there was excitement in the anticipation of your favorite singers new video premiering on MTV the following day at such and such time. There's no excitement in knowing you can just go to YouTube and watch it anytime you want.

Everything is going digital 35166 . I'm pretty much a product of the digital age now....but I'm just fortunate to be old enough to remember the simpler times when we didn't have all this shit and life was even better and more enjoyable. I just feel sorry for the new generation.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:10 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
Chris wrote:

Everything is going digital 35166 . I'm pretty much a product of the digital age now....but I'm just fortunate to be old enough to remember the simpler times when we didn't have all this shit and life was even better and more enjoyable. I just feel sorry for the new generation.

So do I. My daughters generation are missing out on some things, seriously.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:13 pm

Chris wrote:

clapping Very well said Chris Blue Cool
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:14 pm

Chris wrote:

So do I. My daughters generation are missing out on some things, seriously.

Today's kids are missing out on a LOT of stuff.

As for me, I still buy actual books, I still buy CDs, and given a choice I would much rather see a movie on my TV than on the computer's screen.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 12:48 pm

cheaps wrote:

clapping Very well said Chris Blue Cool

Thank you cheaps! big grin

Supernova wrote:

Today's kids are missing out on a LOT of stuff.

As for me, I still buy actual books, I still buy CDs, and given a choice I would much rather see a movie on my TV than on the computer's screen.

Yeah, I think I was part of the final generation that got to experience some of the 'old' ways (CDs, snail mail, handwriting, Saturday morning cartoons, etc., etc.) It wasn't until I was in my teens that things began to shift into what they are today.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Chris wrote:

Thank you cheaps! big grin

Yeah, I think I was part of the final generation that got to experience some of the 'old' ways (CDs, snail mail, handwriting, Saturday morning cartoons, etc., etc.) It wasn't until I was in my teens that things began to shift into what they are today.

Same here.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 1:04 pm

Chris wrote:

Instant gratification takes too long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Everything is going digital   Everything is going digital Empty

Back to top Go down

Everything is going digital
Page 1 of 1