Okay, silly question for you all. Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Okay, silly question for you all.

Go down 
+6
Shale
Hyacinth Girl
Tony Marino
Supernova
Cheaps
Chris
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Okay, silly question for you all. Empty
PostSubject: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:06 pm

Which days do you like better: when I post twenty-five new threads on Mon/Wed/Fri (this week got skewed, because of how busy I was on Monday), or when we have what I call a 'free-for-all' with already existing threads and impromptu banter?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:11 pm

I like it when you post 25 new threads mon wed fri.

(I wasn't even aware you had a schedule on what days you posted new topics, til you stated so in the "because i love" thread) big grin
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:13 pm

cheaps wrote:

(I wasn't even aware you had a schedule on what days you posted new topics, til you stated so in the "because i love" thread) big grin

^This.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:15 pm

cheaps wrote:

It's very unofficial, so no one hold me to the M/W/F thing; it's just what I tend to do. I just figure every other day we need some fresh blood, and every other day we need to play it by ear (so that I rest Razz)
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 pm

cheaps wrote:

co-signs
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:34 pm

You could always try a weekly sign-up thing where on the Friday before the upcoming week, anyone can volunteer to take a day for being "Chris for a Day", and that's their day to be the thread-starter. Might ease your load, especially if you know you have a busy day looming!
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:37 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
You could always try a weekly sign-up thing where on the Friday before the upcoming week, anyone can volunteer to take a day for being "Chris for a Day", and that's their day to be the thread-starter. Might ease your load, especially if you know you have a busy day looming!

I *love* that idea Hyacinth Girl. clapping
And since you came up with it, you get to be the inaugural 'Chris.' big grin
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 2:48 pm

Chris wrote:

I *love* that idea Hyacinth Girl. clapping
And since you came up with it, you get to be the inaugural 'Chris.' big grin

LOL--I love the green highlight! I'll sign up to take this coming Monday and toss in a few thread ideas before I head off to the movies with my daughter and her friends to see "Cowboys and Aliens" big grin I can't do a weekend day, though--I work most of them and for some reason this website won't load past the homepage on the work computers.

I'll start a new thread today, though, and call it "Chris for a Day", and you can bump it every Friday or whenever you need a volunteer to be you! big grin
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:26 pm

Chris wrote:
Which days do you like better: when I post twenty-five new threads on Mon/Wed/Fri (this week got skewed, because of how busy I was on Monday), or when we have what I call a 'free-for-all' with already existing threads and impromptu banter?

I like a few new threads at a time, with existing threads hanging around for a few days until they die a natural death instead of being pushed out of sight.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:09 pm

Hyacinth Girl wrote:

LOL--I love the green highlight! I'll sign up to take this coming Monday and toss in a few thread ideas before I head off to the movies with my daughter and her friends to see "Cowboys and Aliens" big grin I can't do a weekend day, though--I work most of them and for some reason this website won't load past the homepage on the work computers.

I'll start a new thread today, though, and call it "Chris for a Day", and you can bump it every Friday or whenever you need a volunteer to be you! big grin

That's because Chris *thanked* you. You might not pay close attention but your rep points increased by 5. Anyone who starts a topic can *thank* someone who responds (once). Can't wait for your scintillating topics next week! big grin

To answer the question, I like new topics.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 8:15 pm

I like new threads but didn't realize that there was a schedule. You're organized, Chris! Then agian, I don't get here every day and I've been MIA the last couple of weeks 'cause I"ve been busy moving and busy with company but even then, I had no idea there was a pattern.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptySat Aug 06, 2011 12:39 pm

Alan Smithee wrote:

That's because Chris *thanked* you. You might not pay close attention but your rep points increased by 5. Anyone who starts a topic can *thank* someone who responds (once). Can't wait for your scintillating topics next week! big grin

To answer the question, I like new topics.

LOL--I'm still getting used to this forum; a little different format from the one I used to belong to. big grin

But since I had a few minutes to get in here before work, I'll toss out a new topic--one for the weekend and more to come on Monday!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 2:29 am

The 25 new threads. Like I've said before, if people would take the time to read all of the posts on the forum, they wouldn't miss out on any of the threads. If a topic is popular enough, it will keep going. If it's not, there is no need for it to 'linger'.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 6:55 pm

I think there is always a nice mix, so I like the way you have been rotating the days when you post more new ones.

Maybe I am wrong, but what I have noticed more in recent months is that people are checking back to threads they already posted on more often. That makes a conversation flow more. Too many new topics would take away from that happening, so it has clearly been a good mix!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Okay, silly question for you all.   Okay, silly question for you all. Empty

Back to top Go down

Okay, silly question for you all.
Page 1 of 1