Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment? Empty
PostSubject: Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment?   Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 6:25 pm

I had an interesting thought the other day. Who here when they were a kid thought that there was a monster in the closet, or under the bed, or something other creepy crawling somewhere closeby? I NEVER got the monster under the bed or in the closet stuff, now I thought there was a witch outside of my window, which turned out to be the shadow of a plastic bag stuck in the tree out there. There was also the stint when I was 6 and thought there was a serial killer hiding upstairs so I never wanted to go up for bed, but I digress. Through the centuries a lot of cultures have had a lot of superstitions which may have been the origins for kids and their monsters, and yet today when we 'know better' eye roll there are still a lot of kids like that, they're afraid of the dark because they think there are monsters out there something, or ghosts or something else like that.

Now here's what I want to know, if a child was raised in an environment where there were no ghost stories, no ancient mythology, no spook shows, nothing of any sort, nothing except cold hard facts their whole lives, and they never even heard of monsters, would they still be convinced that there was one in their room? What's everyone think?
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment?   Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment? EmptyFri Aug 05, 2011 7:15 pm

Anything is possible but if they were never exposed to thoughts of the supernatural they probably wouldn't worry about monsters under their bed.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment?   Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment? EmptySun Aug 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Like Alan said, they wouldn't worry about the monsters under the bed if they were not exposed to anything about that.

For me, I feared under my bed and the dark, and kind of still do, and my fears stemmed from seeing the KKK rally in person. So, I think that real life experience can be just as spooky as tales and superstitions.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment?   Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment? EmptyMon Aug 08, 2011 11:17 am

I remember after seeing the 'Thriller' video when I was four years old, thinking that Michael's werewolf was lurking in the house, waiting to catch me alone. I agree that if kids weren't exposed to monsters, they wouldn't fear them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment?   Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can a child's imagination thrive in a creatively dry environment?
Page 1 of 1