CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Marc™
wants2laugh
TSJFan4Ever
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
CeCe
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
Supernova
13 posters

Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?

Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? Empty Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:03 pm

After seeing Amityville, and even though I know it's a lot of bull, it did get me to thinking, would you buy a house that had a notorious history for being the site of a gruesome murder? I don't think I would.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? Empty Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:05 pm

I wouldn't. I think that because I wouldn't want the occasional person coming by to "see the place where...".
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Would you live in a  house where there had been a murder? Empty Re: Would you live in a house where there had been a murder?

Post by Supernova Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:06 pm

True, and there'd probably be at least ONE neighbor who acts like you don't know the story, 'hey did you know that ____ years ago there was...' No thank you.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:26 pm

Unless it was a "dream house" and we got a really good deal I would probably pass because I wouldn't want to be the next one stuck with a hause that was too hard to sell because of it's history.
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:27 pm

That's a good point too, Alan, about the resale value. Hadn't thought of that one.
    CeCe
    CeCe
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Rep : 326

Post by CeCe Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:22 pm

It would really depend on the "vibe" of the house. There were a couple that were just...no.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:41 am

It would have to.be dream house that I would not plan on selling anytime soon.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Post by RobbieFTW Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:28 am

Long as the body aint still there.
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Post by TSJFan4Ever Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:44 pm

Several years ago, some guy went psyco and murdered his wife and little boy who was five years old. He then shot himself. It took forever for the house to sell and they had to REALLY drop it in price. It finally sold after being on the market for something like a year or more and it was sold for far less than they'd been asking, and this was originally listed as over a million dollars.
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:56 pm

wow but people r sick--- u know how many people visit the borden house? i'd buy it and give tours! make a ton of money selling ghosts
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:44 pm

wants2laugh wrote:wow but people r sick--- u know how many people visit the borden house? i'd buy it and give tours! make a ton of money selling ghosts

I actually think I'd like to go there someday and see it.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:26 pm

wants2laugh wrote:wow but people r sick--- u know how many people visit the borden house? i'd buy it and give tours! make a ton of money selling ghosts

But what if it wasn't haunted? What would you do then? Start staging ghost sightings until your plans are foiled by four kids and a huge Great Dane? "...and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it wasn't for you meddling kids!" big grin
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:00 am

If the house is perfect otherwise, then yes I would.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:51 am

It depends on how recent it was, but I'd really prefer to not (or at the very least not know about it if there had been.)
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Sun Apr 08, 2012 5:05 am

Depends on the price and if there are any other choices on my list.
    Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Post by Jason B. Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:17 am

I would hesitate but could be convinced if the price was right and if the murder wasn't so infamous that everybody knew my address.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:38 am

I live in a city and rent apartments. Who knows how many ppl have been murdered in any of the apts I've lived in. I know of one within a block of my present place where a couple ppl were murdered but I'm sure the current tenants don't. Those things get lost real quick in big cities. Clean up the blood, spackle over the bullet holes & repaint, good as new.

Now, next time you're in the hospital, think of how many ppl have died on the very mattress your lying on.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male

Post by Alan Smithee Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:42 am

Shale wrote:I live in a city and rent apartments. Who knows how many ppl have been murdered in any of the apts I've lived in. I know of one within a block of my present place where a couple ppl were murdered but I'm sure the current tenants don't. Those things get lost real quick in big cities. Clean up the blood, spackle over the bullet holes & repaint, remove the chalk outline from the floor, good as new.

Now, next time you're in the hospital, think of how many ppl have died on the very mattress your lying on.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 2:58 am