The Stepford Wives (1975) Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Stepford Wives (1975)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

The Stepford Wives (1975) Empty
PostSubject: The Stepford Wives (1975)   The Stepford Wives (1975) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 12:25 pm

Oddly enough when I first saw the movie I didn't really go into it expecting a horror/suspense story, I should've seen the trailer first, heh heh.

Probably a lot of what I posted in the book chamber for the original novel will explain my feelings towards this story and the movie...though I do have a few more comments to add here:

One thing I found unusual was that the 'perfect wives' in the oh so liberated 70s were dressed so formally and rather...well I suppose like Mormons for lack of a better example, they seem very Victorian or Puritan or something, you'd think a 'perfect wife' would show more skin since the men are so proud of their perfect wives.

Now, as I said before, this seems largely a sign of the times as this was during what I guess would be a very conflicting time to be a woman...however, no matter what time period, it always annoys me in movies and books and anything, where a woman will allow any man, even her husband, to be condescending and all 'oh there there, it's all in your head, you're making too much of this' and they never speak up, they let themselves be shut up. I was glad for the one scene where Joanna has an outburst and tells her husband off somewhat, though it didn't do much good in the long term.

One thing I don't get and maybe this is also for the times, Joanna knows there's something wrong, and it involves all the men in town, including her own husband, and Bobbie knows the same thing, why then does Bobbie allow her husband to take her away for the weekend? She knows something kooky is going on with all the men and yet she doesn't think anything will happen. And why did Joanna stay with her husband? If it were updated (ignoring the remake from a few years ago) I would think there would be a point where Joanna packs up the kids and leaves, at least goes to a hotel, somewhere out of Stepford, stays gone for a few days to think things over. I sure as hell would not stay in the same house with him, I'd get the kids and run when he ain't looking.

Of course something I wonder is when this originally came out, how many women must've seen it and then they looked at their husbands and were like 'hmmmmm'?

Anybody else seen this one?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

The Stepford Wives (1975) Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Stepford Wives (1975)   The Stepford Wives (1975) EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:03 pm

Never saw it, never been interested.
Back to top Go down

The Stepford Wives (1975)
Page 1 of 1