Do you still have school pride for your high school? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you still have school pride for your high school?

Go down 
+4
Chris
Shale
Alan Smithee
RedBedroom
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Do you still have school pride for your high school? Empty
PostSubject: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 5:01 am

I maybe would have never thought of this topic, but for the fact someone on Facebook began a "You know you went to PHS if..." group. I was added by someone and the threads are better than any soap opera!

Anyway, I find myself defensive toward some who are posting mean things when they did not even attend the school, but know someone who did.

I never thought I would have any defense of any of it, but I do. Strange.

Anyway, it is so interesting. I realized that I don't recall a lot of the social issues due to who we were and who we knew. And teachers' oddities.

It has been very cool as I have been able to show my son that some of the stuff I told him wasn't b.s., as others are stating the same!
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:25 am

Pride? Shrugs (Oh well…)
Shame? no
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:54 am

It's been about half a century since I graduated from Ritenour High School. This is the familiar facade that I saw for four years:

Do you still have school pride for your high school? 2010Sep16kRitenourHiShale

But the student demographics have changed, as has the neighborhood. Lots more brown faces in the crowded hall when I visited. Those who taut me are likely dead or near it. So, that majestic brick bldg is all that ties me to my high school.

However, I seem to have forgotten any bad things about it - only remember the thrill of learning our interpretation of the world in the early '60s and feeling my entry into it as a budding adult. It was a time of discovery, a pursuit that I continue to this day.

IDK if it is pride in the school today, but pride in the memory of what it did for me, pride in my launch pad you might say.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:23 am

I'm slightly proud of it having been apart of my own personal history, but I'm not 'representing' my high school all these years later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 11:14 am

LOL, not really.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Can't say that I do, no. I have more 'pride' in my college alma mater than I do HS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptyMon Aug 15, 2011 12:51 pm

I'm not sure I had a lot of pride while I was there, nevermind now. LOL I never even bought a class ring because I thought it was a waste of money and once you graduate high school, you sort look like an idiot still wearing your varsity letter-jacket or school ring. Glory days--get over 'em and move on!
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 1:45 am

Hyacinth Girl wrote:
I'm not sure I had a lot of pride while I was there, nevermind now. LOL I never even bought a class ring because I thought it was a waste of money and once you graduate high school, you sort look like an idiot still wearing your varsity letter-jacket or school ring. Glory days--get over 'em and move on!

I still wore my class ring until I lost it. Matter fact, I gotta call them up and get it replaced since I can get a free replacement. I don't think it's idiotic to wear your class ring in the least.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 5:14 am

Do you still have school pride for your high school? 1zbaofo-vi187

and I think its safe to say I never did.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you still have school pride for your high school?   Do you still have school pride for your high school? Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1