Is an abusive man damaged goods? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is an abusive man damaged goods?

Go down 
+4
Nystyle709
Hyacinth Girl
Shale
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Is an abusive man damaged goods? Empty
PostSubject: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:05 am

Do you believe that a man who has a history of beating/mistreating his women and children can ever be redeemed?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:33 am

IDK. blank stare @ you I'm sure there are stats somewhere about treating this but what is the therapy for character flaws/mental illness.

One of my nieces had a BF who thot he was going to be abusive. She beat the shit out of him and the whole family cheered. I think the best therapy is a woman who will fight back.

Some places have made laws that give cred to abused spouses who flip out and off the son of a bitch. Something that should give guys pause, but again mental disorders don't follow logic.

Oh, in case you haven't picked up, I have no sympathy for abusive men and think they should be put down like untrainable vicious dogs.
Back to top Go down
Hyacinth Girl
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Hyacinth Girl

Female
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 9:43 am

I think anyone can be redeemed regardless of what they need to improve upon in their lives, but they need to want to change themselves and make an effort to do that. People must put aside pride, past hurts, etc. and trust that they can become a better person if they work at it.

Doing that, though, doesn't necessarily come without a cost or price to pay--you may lose many things in the process, like family, relationships, jobs, money, depending on the situation, but that's your "fee" for being a jerk or a criminal, abuser--whatever.

But on the upside, there's always something to be gained from a concerted effort to improve oneself. It's just the people who refuse to see that they have a problem, are the ones that aren't necessarily on the track to "redemption", and will stay in whatever cycle they're in.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 10:58 am

He could be. I prob. wouldn't fuck with him though.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:01 pm

Maybe. I hope no woman I know would give him the chance though.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:38 pm

I think it is rare but can happen.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 2:50 pm

If the bridge has threatened to break before, why risk trying to drive on it just to see if you can actually make it?
Back to top Go down
AtownPeep
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
AtownPeep

Female
Rep : 39

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? EmptyTue Aug 16, 2011 8:17 pm

They are for sure damaged goods. There's a reason they hit on people weaker. Can they be redeemed? I don't know, maybe. But I wouldn't put any stock in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is an abusive man damaged goods?   Is an abusive man damaged goods? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is an abusive man damaged goods?
Page 1 of 1