CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
CatEyes10736
Supernova
Chris
7 posters

What should be cut out of school curriculum?

Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

What should be cut out of school curriculum? Empty What should be cut out of school curriculum?

Post by Chris Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:32 am

Is there any subject commonly taught in school that you think is unnecessary?
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

What should be cut out of school curriculum? Empty Re: What should be cut out of school curriculum?

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:00 am

Algebra. I can understand teaching the basics of it but I really don't know anyone who actually uses it and especially the more advanced versions of it in real life and I think it should be one of those courses that only students who WANT it get it.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

What should be cut out of school curriculum? Empty Re: What should be cut out of school curriculum?

Post by CatEyes10736 Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm

I don't know if I'd say that it should be cut from the curriculum, but I agree that things like Algebra II, Geometry, Trig, Calculus, etc. don't particularly come up in every day situations. Because of that, they're easy to lose.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:59 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I don't know if I'd say that it should be cut from the curriculum, but I agree that things like Algebra II, Geometry, Trig, Calculus, etc. don't particularly come up in every day situations. Because of that, they're easy to lose.

Whereas instead the schools opt to slowly but surely drop and get rid of history, grammar, spelling, etc., eerily similar to what Captain Beatty described in Fahrenheit 451...and on a side note in the movie for that, since there weren't any books and nothing to read, it seemed that all the schools were solely made up of math classes...go figure.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:49 pm

Home Economics. Come on now....
    FireIce918
    FireIce918
    …is Authorized.
    …is Authorized.

Female
    Rep : 8

Post by FireIce918 Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:01 pm

I feel like if they're going to continue to teach history incorrectly, they might as well cut half of that shyt out. I wasn't interested anyway, I got tired of hearing about staple crops and migration and Columbus discovering a place that other muthaf*ckas were already living at and whatever else they talked about in history class while I was tuned out.

Home ec also seemed kinda pointless. I mean, really, what was there to gain by learning how to sew and stuff a pillow all semester?
    (Then again, what could I say? I was taking Chorus. Even though I learned how to catch on quickly to choreography and tap dance, and how to sing soprano, second soprano, AND alto, but still.)
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female

Post by Supernova Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:06 pm

History is a very funny kind of course, they give you more facts when you're younger and don't pay as much attention, and then the older you get they cut out so much and abridge it to single paragraphs and no pictures, so what is the point of that?
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:31 am

Marc™ wrote:Home Economics. Come on now....

I think they should keep that. These fast ass girls (and guys) need to learn how to cook and do something domestic. I learned a lot in my home ec class.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:49 pm

Not so much subjects to drop but subjects to add or bring back. I think Home Ec should be expanded/revised to include things like understanding credit card interest rates, mortages, etc. and maybe less Martha Stewart stuff.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:24 am