Families lying about who a child's parents are Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Families lying about who a child's parents are

Go down 
+4
Supernova
CatEyes10736
Tony Marino
Chris
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Families lying about who a child's parents are Empty
PostSubject: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:43 am

Is it ever justified to lie to a child about who his or her actual parents are? We have probably all seen TV shows or films, where the story is that the grandparents assume the responsibility of raising the child, and therefore allows them to believe that they are his biological parents; meanwhile, it turns out that his older sister is actually his birth mother. Is it ever right to mislead someone about who their natural parents are?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:52 am

No, a kid has the right to know who his biological parents are unless for some reason like they are serial killers or child molesters then in that case it might be better to wait until they are over 21.
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 1:32 pm

I think lying about such a thing only creates catastrophe in the end. No matter how horrible or negligent or young or illprepared their parents are, a kid should know who he or she is and who they are. Even if they're aren't raising him or her.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 2:18 pm

Two words: Buddy Holly.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 8:49 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:
I think lying about such a thing only creates catastrophe in the end. No matter how horrible or negligent or young or illprepared their parents are, a kid should know who he or she is and who they are. Even if they're aren't raising him or her.

Families lying about who a child's parents are 35166
Back to top Go down
Marc™
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
Marc™

Male
Rep : 212

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 10:17 pm

I don't think it's ever justified or necessary.

When I was kid, there lived this interracial couple next door with 2 sons. The younger one was biracial, the older one was clearly white....but they told him that he was "biracial" too, that his brothers father was his natural father as well, and that he just took more after his white mother. He believed it. The rest of us kids in the neighborhood used to snicker about it, because we all knew that they were feeding him a bunch of bull and that there was no way that black man was his biological father. I told my mother about it and she rolled her eyes.

Years later the truth came out that he wasn't his biological father, and he disowned both of his parents for the lies. They could have avoided all that drama if they'd been honest from the beginning.
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 1:45 am

I think the lies just lead to more hurt in the end. A child has a right to know his biological parents.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 10:21 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:
I think the lies just lead to more hurt in the end. A child has a right to know his biological parents.
co-signs
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Families lying about who a child's parents are   Families lying about who a child's parents are Empty

Back to top Go down

Families lying about who a child's parents are
Page 1 of 1