Do you play chess? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Do you play chess?

Go down 
+3
Alan Smithee
Cheaps
Supernova
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:17 pm

I'm about the only person in my family that even knows how, so I have a hard time trying to find anybody to play with, and as far as I'm concerned it is imPOSSIBLE to beat the computer playing it, but I like it.
Back to top Go down
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 6:39 pm

Yes I know how to play chess, and play every so often. I'm no Bobby Fisher, but I can play. One of my nephews is in the school chess club, and he loves to play.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:25 pm

I'm way out of practice but I know how to. I beat the computer game once but I think I had it set to a much lower level.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:30 pm

I know how but not that good at it. I used to have a nice computer game and it was set on medium and I beat it a couple times. Checkmate or stalemate were the norm tho.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 7:41 pm

Okay I've got a question for everyone. Every year when fall arrives, our town has a big fall festival including a big parade and then a bunch of vendors and booths and some games and stuff, last year I noticed they had a section where you could play chess against college students, I think they charged per game, I don't know how much, but would you sign up for something like that by means of a good time? If they have it again this year I'm considering trying it.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:49 am

I can play, but it's not my game. I'm a much better Checkers player.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:57 am

Supernova wrote:
Okay I've got a question for everyone. Every year when fall arrives, our town has a big fall festival including a big parade and then a bunch of vendors and booths and some games and stuff, last year I noticed they had a section where you could play chess against college students, I think they charged per game, I don't know how much, but would you sign up for something like that by means of a good time? If they have it again this year I'm considering trying it.

Pay to play? No.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:04 pm

this is one really good memory that i have.... my sister taught me at age 4 but never ever let me win. then one day my uncle came to visit and my sis got mad cause she thought he was letting me win... but he was just that bad! Smile
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 10:01 pm

I have never learned.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:40 pm

wants2laugh wrote:
this is one really good memory that i have.... my sister taught me at age 4 but never ever let me win. then one day my uncle came to visit and my sis got mad cause she thought he was letting me win... but he was just that bad! Smile

That's kind of how my dad taught me. He taught me how everything moved but I didn't really know much about a longterm strategy, seeing the bigger picture, and he NEVER believed in going easy on anybody and letting you win...I never won a game against him but I kept playing when I was little because I liked it and there wasn't anyone else to play with. Oddly enough he tried teaching my brother too and he doesn't really get it. But that's one of the only two things my dad ever taught me, how to play chess, and how to drive, and chess was the only thing he was effective in teaching.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Do you play chess? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you play chess?   Do you play chess? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you play chess?
Page 1 of 1