Would you want your body to be liquefied? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Would you want your body to be liquefied?

Go down 
+7
Supernova
Forgiveness Man
Tony Marino
Shale
Nystyle709
Cheaps
Chris
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

Would you want your body to be liquefied? Empty
PostSubject: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:19 am

I read about a bizarre new contraption now being used at a Florida funeral home that essentially liquefies deceased bodies by dunking the body in 'a solution of water and potassium hydroxide which is pressurized to ten atmospheres and heated to 180C for between two-and-a-half and three hours.'

Basically, it dissolves the body tissue into the solution, and effectively eliminates the corpse along with any traces of DNA. Not only that, but the machine is apparently green, too. It reportedly produces two-thirds the greenhouse gas cremation produces, requires one seventh of the energy cremation requires, and offers a safer form of disposal. Burial, of course, requires less energy and produces less greenhouse gas, but it also requires the coffin, the plot, the tombstone, etc.

Would you consider this for yourself after you die?
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Cheaps
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Cheaps

Female
Rep : 252

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:27 am

Just bury me.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 10:27 am

cheaps wrote:
Just bury me.

LOL! For real. Ain't nobody got time for this shit.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:05 am

My plan has been for cremation. I would really like to be turned into methane and produce energy tho. The technology has been around for years and it would be nice to make it legal to dump human remains into the methane generator. IDK how much I would produce but the thot of my decaying body going for an energy source instead of consuming energy is kinda nice.
Back to top Go down
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:28 am

I haven't thought about it yet but I will probably be cremated.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:35 am

Sticking to more traditional methods.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:46 am

Burial, and besides, this liquefication process destroys the DNA, sounds like a good way to get rid of a murder victim because they can even test cremation ashes for DNA.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 2:33 pm

I wouldn't plan for it but after they're done with my cadaver, they can do as they please with it. I'll be beyond caring.
Back to top Go down
Jason B.
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Jason B.

Male
Rep : 70

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 11:42 pm

I don't see the point in all these elaborate post death body treatments. I'm not being cremated, nor liquefied. I'll be buried in the ground like most people.
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 1:06 am

Jason B. wrote:
... I'll be buried in the ground like most people.
Most ppl in India are cremated.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:25 am

Jason B. wrote:
I don't see the point in all these elaborate post death body treatments. I'm not being cremated, nor liquefied. I'll be buried in the ground like most people.

I think as the population continues to grow we're going to start running out of ground to bury people. Don't think there needs to be any elaborate & excessive stuff like this. Like Supernova said there are concerns about that DNA thing. Cremation or donation to science is fine. I think those two will eventually become much more common in the future.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:52 am

CeCe wrote:

I think as the population continues to grow we're going to start running out of ground to bury people. Don't think there needs to be any elaborate & excessive stuff like this. Like Supernova said there are concerns about that DNA thing. Cremation or donation to science is fine. I think those two will eventually become much more common in the future.

You don't have to be buried in the ground. I MIGHT donate my body to science.....but burning me to ashes is out.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 10:45 pm

By the way, if/when you find yourself in a funeral director's office arranging for a loved one's burial, don't let them talk you into an air-tight (gasketed) casket leading you to believe that it will preserve the body longer. The opposite is more typical.

Quote :
In some cases, a sealed coffin may actually speed up rather than slow down the process of decomposition. An airtight coffin, for example, fosters decomposition by anaerobic bacteria, which results in a putrefied liquification of the body, and all putrefied tissue remains inside the container, only to be exposed in the event of an exhumation.
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:48 am

Nystyle709 wrote:

LOL! For real. Ain't nobody got time for this shit.

LMAO y'all killed me with that!
Back to top Go down
FireIce918
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
FireIce918

Female
Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 1:50 am

I saw an option of having your remains turned into a diamond before. It's cool until someone gets robbed. I've heavily leaning on cremation and scattering my ashes somewhere kick ass.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Would you want your body to be liquefied?   Would you want your body to be liquefied? Empty

Back to top Go down

Would you want your body to be liquefied?
Page 1 of 1