CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Cheaps
Supernova
Nhaiyel
Shale
wants2laugh
RedBedroom
10 posters

If someone you knew began smoking at age 30+, would you say anything to them?

RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

If someone you knew began smoking at age 30+, would you say anything to them? Empty If someone you knew began smoking at age 30+, would you say anything to them?

Post by RedBedroom Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:26 am

Seems most people start smoking in their teens or early 20's. So, if somebody you are close to began smoking in their 30's, would you try to say something to get them to not keep going?
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

If someone you knew began smoking at age 30+, would you say anything to them? Empty Re: If someone you knew began smoking at age 30+, would you say anything to them?

Post by wants2laugh Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:28 am

nope... none of my business... by 30+ they know the dangers. I actually tried my first cig last night to cross it off my bucket list. Will i smoke another... no. but if someone lectured me i tell them to go somewhere LOL
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

If someone you knew began smoking at age 30+, would you say anything to them? Empty Re: If someone you knew began smoking at age 30+, would you say anything to them?

Post by Shale Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:31 am

WHAT THE FUCK PLANET HAVE YOU BEEN ON??!!

You haven't heard about the health hazards of smoking? Are you STUPID or what?

Aren't they up to $6 a pack now? Why would you start a $60 a week addiction? And, you don't even get off on cigs.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:52 am

I would ask them why? Smokers usually start when they're kids, due to peer pressure or youthful curiosity. It wouldn't make that much sense to me why someone in their 30's who was able to coast through the common phase where people start smoking would suddenly get the urge to begin.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:06 am

Here's the part I don't get...it's not like we're 60 years ago when nobody thought cigarettes were bad, that they didn't know they caused cancer...today EVERYBODY knows this, everybody KNOWS what they are getting themselves into, everybody KNOWS they're addictive and that it's an expensive habit, so I would really love to know why anybody would willingly walk into that in the first place today. And yeah by 30 there is no excuse that you did not know what the risks were.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:03 am

RedBedroom wrote:Seems most people start smoking in their teens or early 20's. So, if somebody you are close to began smoking in their 30's, would you try to say something to get them to not keep going?

I'd probably ask why. After they answered my question... I'd ask them for a ciggy (Cigarette).
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 am

I'd ask why too. If they insist to keep going.....then I just won't be around them when they do.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:22 am

Opa Shale wrote:WHAT THE FUCK PLANET HAVE YOU BEEN ON??!!

You haven't heard about the health hazards of smoking? Are you STUPID or what?

Aren't they up to $6 a pack now? Why would you start a $60 a week addiction? And, you don't even get off on cigs.

$12.00 a pack here in NY Shale!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:23 am

Not my business if they want to smoke. At 30 they are more than aware of the consequences of smoking.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:42 pm

I would ask them 'why now?'
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:25 pm

I'd probably make some smartass comment.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:27 pm

Tony Marino wrote:

$12.00 a pack here in NY Shale!

Soon it's going to be like Airplane!, "I've found the tunnel, Johnson, it's this way! $25 for a cigarette is too much!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Sep 21, 2024 10:29 pm