Houseguests--how long is too long? Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Houseguests--how long is too long?

Go down 
+5
Impact
TSJFan4Ever
Shale
RedBedroom
wants2laugh
9 posters
AuthorMessage
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Houseguests--how long is too long? Empty
PostSubject: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:08 am

After the floods, my sister took in a family whose house was destroyed in the flood. It has been 3 weeks now. They are saying that it may take another 2 wks to get their apartment.

How long do you think is too long when you are feeding and housing someone?
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:12 am

It depends on the circumstance. If someone suffers a disaster at their place, I will be much more accommodating than otherwise.
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:23 am

Don't you think that people become "comfortable" though. Clean up less after themselves. Might mow the lawn once, then expect to get paid after that. Expects to be cooked for and served. Want their clothes washed because they won't learn how to use the "gadget" washer/dryer
Back to top Go down
Shale
...is a Chamber Royal.
...is a Chamber Royal.
Shale

Male
Rep : 219

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:26 am

wants2laugh wrote:
Don't you think that people become "comfortable" though. Clean up less after themselves. Might mow the lawn once, then expect to get paid after that. Expects to be cooked for and served. Want their clothes washed because they won't learn how to use the "gadget" washer/dryer

They shouldn't expect it, just be grateful that some good person is helping them out with a place to stay.
Back to top Go down
RedBedroom
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
RedBedroom

Female
Rep : 312

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:28 am

wants2laugh wrote:

Hmmm...if that was the case, my patience would wear thin no matter what their situation!
Back to top Go down
TSJFan4Ever
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
TSJFan4Ever

Female
Rep : 78

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:36 am

Depends on the reasons - I'm with Red if it was something like that, I'd be more accomdating but if they were expecting me to wait on them hand and foot or showed no signs of changing things - finding a new place - I wouldn't be so accomodating.
Back to top Go down
Impact
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Impact

Male
Rep : 75

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:52 am

As soon as you start to feel that it's been too long, it's been too long. I really try to avoid taking in house guests who don't have a clear date or approximation of when they're leaving.
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:30 am

RedBedroom wrote:
It depends on the circumstance. If someone suffers a disaster at their place, I will be much more accommodating than otherwise.

co-signs

I would be less accommodating if that person was being lazy and sloppy though.
Back to top Go down
Chris
Chamber Admin.
Chamber Admin.
Chris

Male
Rep : 330

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 10:59 am

RedBedroom wrote:

co-signs

If their home has been destroyed, or are staying with me under devastating conditions, then I'll extend an extra amount of hospitality. I just need to at least see that a real effort is being made on their end to rebound and get themselves back up on their feet.
Back to top Go down
http://www.conversationchamber.com/
Tony Marino
…is a Global Moderator.
…is a Global Moderator.
Tony Marino

Male
Rep : 607

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 am

As long as they are pitching in and helping out with chores and financially if they can then I would say a month is long enough.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 2:51 pm

"Fish and visitors smell in three days." ~Benjamin Franklin

Barring special circumstances as Red said.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Houseguests--how long is too long?   Houseguests--how long is too long? Empty

Back to top Go down

Houseguests--how long is too long?
Page 1 of 1