Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders Empty
PostSubject: Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders   Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 am

I want to ask, does anybody know much about this? A few months back I got the book My Life with Bonnie and Clyde, written by Clyde's sister-in-law Blanche Caldwell Barrow...and at the end, it was completed after her death, the editor of the book put in a list of the 14 people the Clyde Barrow Gang was accused of killing...and on one hand I can't see why such a big deal was made over just 14 people.

There seems to be much truth in the statement about one death is a tragedy but millions are merely a statistic, after all Billy the Kid only shot 4 people in his life, 2 were in self defense and 2 were during a prison break which he shouldn't have been in in the first place, and everybody thinks he's a cold blooded killer and they still blindly believe the 21 bodies for 21 years story.

But I digress...it's funny that for BONNIE and Clyde being famous for robbing and murdering, Bonnie never killed anybody in her life, I don't think she even ever shot anyone, she was just the getaway driver and supplied Clyde with the gun to break out of prison. Anyway, FIRST murder on the list for the Barrow gang was before they were even formed; 'victim #1' was an inmate at the prison Clyde was in, who was a predatory inmate and he raped several prisoners including Clyde, so that one is understandable.

I don't know what the numbers on the others are, but one murder doesn't even match the description of ANYBODY in the Barrow gang, and during the Depression a lot of robbers used the same methods. And two others were sort of kapos, prisoners turned into honorary prison guards who abused their power and brutalize several of the inmates, similar to what was done to Clyde...so for these guys I can't really say their murders were that big of a travesty or that they deserved to be added to the list that made Bonnie and Clyde so infamous.

Now on another interesting note, there was mention of another murder that Clyde DID commit, but the police picked another man for the job, and he was going to get the death penalty for it. Clyde apparently had written a letter to clear the man and had gone to lengths of dipping his hands in oil and supplying his own fingerprints on the letter to confirm he was the man responsible; only then a third man confessed to the murder, so when the second one was let off, Clyde didn't mail the letter. So I guess he must've liked the guy who was initially framed or something.

Anyway, anybody else got a comment about this?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders   Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Never been interested.
Back to top Go down

Bonnie and Clyde and their 14 murders
Page 1 of 1