CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+6
Tony Marino
Chris
RedBedroom
Marc™
Mayhem
stavdash
10 posters

Has anyone used Craig's List?

stavdash
    stavdash
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Female
    Rep : 7

Has anyone used Craig's List? Empty Has anyone used Craig's List?

Post by stavdash Fri Jun 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Just wondering.
    Mayhem
    Mayhem
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Male
    Rep : 2

Has anyone used Craig's List? Empty Re: Has anyone used Craig's List?

Post by Mayhem Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:35 pm

Sure, lots of times...but I think the real question would be, what was it used for? Heh
    I've...used it for several of the many different services that it provides. Selling stuff, buying stuff, jobs....ahem Has anyone used Craig's List? 83645
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:06 am

Mayhem wrote:Sure, lots of times...but I think the real question would be, what was it used for? Heh
    I've...used it for several of the many different services that it provides. Selling stuff, buying stuff, jobs....ahem Has anyone used Craig's List? 83645

Elaborate on the "ahem"....
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Jun 19, 2010 3:21 am

Well, I use it a lot...I give away a lotta shit. My son is outgrowing toys and clothes....
    But it is work to even get folks to pick up FREE name brand stuff, so I am more on the Good Will bandwagon.
    I did find my work out buddy on CL, though, o n strictly platonic....she rocks.
    Chris
    Chris
    Chamber Admin.
    Chamber Admin.

Male
    Rep : 330

Post by Chris Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:03 am

I've been to the site a few times before, but never actually used it. The whole thing just seems too congested.

I wanna know what the ahem is about too, Mayhem! Wink
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:06 am

I put my record collection on Craig's list and 2 guys wrote me they were interested. Gave them my cell phone number and never heard from them. 2 days later I heard of a Craig's list murder where they were selling a necklace, the buyers came to the apt. shot the husband and took off with the goods. I pulled the ad off after that. You have to be very careful when dealing with CL there are a lot of scammers.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:16 pm

I've visited the site numerous times looking for an apartment/car, sometimes job. I went to a few places with ads from off of the site when I was apartment hunting. And yes, you do have to be VERY careful when dealing with them. I had a bad experience. This one ad I saw for an apartment, the owner of a private house said that he had a one bedroom apartment in the house, located in Queens, all utilities included, for $700/month. Normally, you'd get a roach infested dump for that much in NYC. He even posted the pictures of the place and it was nice. He didn't live at the house, it was just another house that he owned that he planned on renting out. So that meant no landlord on the premise which is a good thing. I knew that shit was too good to be true, but I'd figure I would just check out all of my options, hell....maybe I'd get lucky. So yeah, I responded to the ad, he told me where the place was and I went. It definitely was the same apartment in the ad and it was located in a nice neighborhood and I asked was it still available the same way it was advertised and he said it was. Now we're chatting about my job, why I want the place, the kind of tenant I'd be, blah blah blah. Here's the killer: he told me that since he thought I was a really nice girl and that I really wanted to move, he'd let me live in the apartment RENT FREE under one condition: if I would be so kind as to have sex with him just twice a month. He was actually going to put that shit in the lease and it would be a binding, legal contract. Now mind you, I kinda already had reservations when I met him to look at the place because this dude was kinda creepy looking. Old as dirt, wrinkled, snaggle toothed, fat, hair in a 1970's shag, just looked like a typical nasty old man/pervert. And the only reason I stayed to view the place because he "claimed" he doesn't live on the property. Basically, I gave him a few choice words, told him if I ever see that ad on Craigslist again I will report his ass as being a false advertiser, turned around and left. He still was talking after me trying to convince me to take the deal, all while making comments about my body and the like. THOROUGHLY disgusted, I went home and obviously had to keep apartment hunting.
    SecHandNews
    SecHandNews
    …is an Up 'N Comer.
    …is an Up 'N Comer.

Female
    Rep : 7

Post by SecHandNews Sat Jun 19, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't use it personally, but I know several people who swear by it. One of my co-worker actually bought a decent condominium that was advertised on it.
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:05 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:I've visited the site numerous times looking for an apartment/car, sometimes job. I went to a few places with ads from off of the site when I was apartment hunting. And yes, you do have to be VERY careful when dealing with them. I had a bad experience. This one ad I saw for an apartment, the owner of a private house said that he had a one bedroom apartment in the house, located in Queens, all utilities included, for $700/month. Normally, you'd get a roach infested dump for that much in NYC. He even posted the pictures of the place and it was nice. He didn't live at the house, it was just another house that he owned that he planned on renting out. So that meant no landlord on the premise which is a good thing. I knew that shit was too good to be true, but I'd figure I would just check out all of my options, hell....maybe I'd get lucky. So yeah, I responded to the ad, he told me where the place was and I went. It definitely was the same apartment in the ad and it was located in a nice neighborhood and I asked was it still available the same way it was advertised and he said it was. Now we're chatting about my job, why I want the place, the kind of tenant I'd be, blah blah blah. Here's the killer: he told me that since he thought I was a really nice girl and that I really wanted to move, he'd let me live in the apartment RENT FREE under one condition: if I would be so kind as to have sex with him just twice a month. He was actually going to put that shit in the lease and it would be a binding, legal contract. Now mind you, I kinda already had reservations when I met him to look at the place because this dude was kinda creepy looking. Old as dirt, wrinkled, snaggle toothed, fat, hair in a 1970's shag, just looked like a typical nasty old man/pervert. And the only reason I stayed to view the place because he "claimed" he doesn't live on the property. Basically, I gave him a few choice words, told him if I ever see that ad on Craigslist again I will report his ass as being a false advertiser, turned around and left. He still was talking after me trying to convince me to take the deal, all while making comments about my body and the like. THOROUGHLY disgusted, I went home and obviously had to keep apartment hunting.

See Vermin like that just need to get their ass kicked royally. You did good!
    Wadsworth
    Wadsworth
    …is Significant.
    …is Significant.

Male
    Rep : 16

Post by Wadsworth Sun Jun 20, 2010 5:48 pm

Never use it but I heard CL the #1 spot for ho's selling sex.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:19 pm

For my own amusement I looked at Craig's List personals yesterday (no I didn't place an ad or contact anymore). The comments ran the gamut from bizarre....to warped.....to racist....to desperate.
    Cheaps
    Cheaps

Female
    Rep : 252

Post by Cheaps Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:24 pm

i go to craigslist... tryin to find 2nd job...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:36 am