Adopting pets vs buying them Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adopting pets vs buying them

Go down 
+3
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
wants2laugh
7 posters
AuthorMessage
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

Adopting pets vs buying them Empty
PostSubject: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 pm

Do/would you more likely adopt a pet from a shelter or buy one from a breeder? Would you adopt an adult pet even if you had to train it a bit? Would you ever consider adopting from a rescue group?
Back to top Go down
Nystyle709
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Nystyle709

Female
Rep : 339

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:58 pm

I don't do pets. But if I did...I would go to the breeder.
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:18 pm

I would prefer to go the pound or someone who was giving away kittens. Because have cats, we'd rather have the chance to raise them right. To grow up to be cats that love to be held and sleep in your lap.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 2:54 pm

It would really depend on whether or not I wanted a specific breed.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 3:54 pm

We got our dogs from the pound. I'd be wary of getting them from a breeder because how do you know it wouldn't be like pet stores where the poor animals are the result of over-breeding so their entire bloodline is weakened and in poor health?
Back to top Go down
wants2laugh
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
wants2laugh

Female
Rep : 87

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:33 pm

Supernova wrote:
We got our dogs from the pound. I'd be wary of getting them from a breeder because how do you know it wouldn't be like pet stores where the poor animals are the result of over-breeding so their entire bloodline is weakened and in poor health?

happened with my sis' teacup poodle--- his bones were soooo brittle that he broke his leg three times in 2 yrs just jumping up and down playing.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:39 pm

There are some horrible puppy mill breeders out there.
Back to top Go down
GrayWolf
…is Authorized.
…is Authorized.
GrayWolf

Male
Rep : 36

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:18 pm

I'm not that bent on having thorough breeds, I'll accept a mutt so either option works for me.
Back to top Go down
Supernova
The Book Chamber
The Book Chamber
Supernova

Female
Rep : 182

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:13 pm

GrayWolf wrote:
I'm not that bent on having thorough breeds, I'll accept a mutt so either option works for me.

And besides, you look up any primary breed of dogs, they have a long list of potential health problems they could come by in life, whereas mutts seem to be among the healthier choices.
Back to top Go down
Nhaiyel
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Nhaiyel

Female
Rep : 123

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:20 am

Right now, I'm in no position to have a pet, but if I were I would consider both options. I like the idea of adopting a pet from the shelter, though. I would probably look into that first.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musicfanclubs.org/aaliyah/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adopting pets vs buying them   Adopting pets vs buying them Empty

Back to top Go down

Adopting pets vs buying them
Page 1 of 1