Most Talked About Film of 2011 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Most Talked About Film of 2011

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JWF
…is an Up 'N Comer.
…is an Up 'N Comer.

Male
Rep : 4

Most Talked About Film of 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Most Talked About Film of 2011   Most Talked About Film of 2011 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 4:33 pm

"The Artist" was shown last night at the Toronto International Film Festival. This is among the top discussed films of 2011

The film takes place in 1927 Hollywood and focuses on a silent movie star whose career seems about to be ended because of the arrival of the talkies. At the same time, a pretty young extra sees the new format as an opportunity to launch her star.

Jean Dujardin won Best Actor at Cannes. He's French. I imagine his part follows a similar John Gilbert

The Weinstein's will distribute the film. You know what happen with "The Kings Speech'

The film has the silent era ration, title cards and a music track (entirely silent)

The origin is French, even if it was filmed in LA. Being silent I'm not sure how the Academy will look at it. No foreign film (if it is) has ever won Best Oscar Picture. There's a number of American actors casted, including John Goodman

It will not be released in the US until late November

Will you see it?

Jack
Back to top Go down
Alan Smithee
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.
Alan Smithee

Male
Rep : 381

PostSubject: Re: Most Talked About Film of 2011   Most Talked About Film of 2011 EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 pm

This movie's silent? I know I'm not paying money directly to see it.
Back to top Go down
Bluesmama
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
Bluesmama

Female
Rep : 43

PostSubject: Re: Most Talked About Film of 2011   Most Talked About Film of 2011 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 3:10 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing it.

I watched an old Marx Brothers movie (a talkie) the other night that was filmed in 1929. It was great.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most Talked About Film of 2011   Most Talked About Film of 2011 Empty

Back to top Go down

Most Talked About Film of 2011
Page 1 of 1