CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+3
TSJFan4Ever
Alan Smithee
wants2laugh
7 posters

Tiger kills mate out of jealousy in zoo!

wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Tiger kills mate out of jealousy in zoo! Empty Tiger kills mate out of jealousy in zoo!

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:17 pm

EL PASO, Texas (Reuters) - A female tiger has killed her mate at a West Texas zoo, authorities said on Friday, in a rare attack that came after months of simmering jealousy in a feline love triangle.

Three-year-old Malayan tiger Seri killed 6-year-old Wzui at about 4 p.m. on Thursday in an enclosure at El Paso Zoo, zoo spokeswoman Karla Martinez said on Friday,

As soon as the incident was reported, zookeepers closed the tiger exhibit and veterinary staff were called. They examined Wzui, and found he was dead.

"Tragic incidents such as this are not unheard of but we don't consider this common," zoo Director Steve Marshall said. Marshall described the deceased tiger as very down to earth and loving and said it would "be greatly missed."

Malayan tigers are a critically endangered species, with just 500 or so of the animals remaining in the wilds of Thailand and Malaysia, according to the World Wide Fund For Nature.

Both Seri and Wzui were on loan from other zoos as part of the American Zoo Association's Species Survival Plan to aid in their conservation through captive breeding.

Marshall said keepers had not observed any signs of aggression leading up to the attack, and that the two cats had been seen playing affectionately at the exhibit earlier in the day.

However, in June, zoo authorities reported what they called a "tiger love triangle" between Seri, Wzui and a 15-year-old female called Meli, who was transferred to El Paso from a zoo in Fresno, California, in 2001.

"The male tiger Wzui likes both females, but the two females don't like each other," the zoo said in a press release dated June 14. "The girls are jealous of each other," collections Supervisor Griselda Martinez said.

Staff expect that another tiger will be transferred to the El Paso Zoo to replace Wzui for breeding purposes.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Male
    Rep : 381

Tiger kills mate out of jealousy in zoo! Empty Re: Tiger kills mate out of jealousy in zoo!

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:10 pm

Holy shit!
    TSJFan4Ever
    TSJFan4Ever
    …is a Chamber Royal.
    …is a Chamber Royal.

Female
    Rep : 78

Tiger kills mate out of jealousy in zoo! Empty Re: Tiger kills mate out of jealousy in zoo!

Post by TSJFan4Ever Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:29 pm

I don't know if I'd be so eager to loan my tiger out if I were another zoo. Poor tiger!
    wants2laugh
    wants2laugh
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 87

Post by wants2laugh Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:12 pm

TSJFan4Ever wrote:I don't know if I'd be so eager to loan my tiger out if I were another zoo. Poor tiger!

that's what i thought! Smile but i think the real problem was that tigers are supposed to mate for life aren't they???? That is what i call fatal attraction!
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:56 pm

wants2laugh wrote:

that's what i thought! Smile but i think the real problem was that tigers are supposed to mate for life aren't they???? That is what i call fatal attraction!

good one laughing
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:45 pm

Tigers are solitary cats, only get together for mating and the female goes off and cares for her cubs alone. Much like a lot of ppl.

And apparently, just like ppl two jealous females can ruin a guy's life. blank stare @ you
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sun Sep 11, 2011 1:38 am

Wow
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:25 am

LOL, I read about this in the paper today. I'm surprised he let her maul him like that. I thought male tigers were stronger?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 12:39 am