CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+9
Tony Marino
Impact
Shale
Moviesnob
captainbryce
Marc™
RobbieFTW
Nystyle709
Jason B.
13 posters

Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection?

Jason B.
    Jason B.
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 70

Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? Empty Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection?

Post by Jason B. Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:50 pm

Today me and a friend went over his friends apartment. Everything was cool. In personality the guy didn't send up rainbow flags or anything, but when browsing his CD collection, I bet at least 80 to 90% of it was made up of female singers. I didn't say anything but it really made me think...
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? Empty Re: Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection?

Post by Nystyle709 Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:04 pm

It's been said that gay people gravitate towards female singers. Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? 2517814472 The majority of my music are by male artists.
    RobbieFTW
    RobbieFTW
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.
    …is Being Fitted For a Crown.

Male
    Rep : 145

Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? Empty Re: Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection?

Post by RobbieFTW Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:57 pm

Yeah if a guy has Britney's whole discography its safe to say he is as gay as a tea cup.
    Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

Post by Marc™ Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:25 am

RobbieFTW wrote:Yeah if a guy has Britney's whole discography its safe to say he is as gay as a tea cup.

Heh.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:52 pm

RobbieFTW wrote:Yeah if a guy has Britney's whole discography its safe to say he is as gay as a tea cup.

laughing
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 127

Post by captainbryce Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:05 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:It's been said that gay people gravitate towards female singers. Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? 2517814472 The majority of my music are by male artists.
    It's been said by WHOM? confused
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female

Post by Nystyle709 Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:01 pm

captainbryce wrote:It's been said by WHOM? confused

I don't think there's been a study on it, just a general consensus. Matter fact, now that I think about it, 95% of the gay males that I've known or have come in contact idolized and listened to nothing but female artists. Tina Turner, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Beyonce, Donna Summer, Aretha Franklin, Britney Spears and the like.
    Moviesnob
    Moviesnob
    …is a Newbie.
    …is a Newbie.

Female
    Rep : 0

Post by Moviesnob Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:29 pm

I guess you can if it leans towards the stereotypical kinds of music, but it's not a sure thing. My best friend is gay, and he's not a show-tune fan.
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

Post by Shale Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:38 am

Moviesnob wrote:I guess you can if it leans towards the stereotypical kinds of music,...
    Or the stereotypical kind of gay man.

I'm sure there are a lot of gay men who like country-western music sung by men. You just don't know they are gay and they keep it that way.

Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? AvShalewestgayweb
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:42 pm

Nystyle709 wrote:
    I don't think there's been a study on it, just a general consensus. Matter fact, now that I think about it, 95% of the gay males that I've known or have come in contact idolized and listened to nothing but female artists. Tina Turner, Janet Jackson, Madonna, Beyonce, Donna Summer, Aretha Franklin, Britney Spears and the like.
    I'm still gonna go ahead and say that's a stereotype. I do listen to many female artists (Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, etc) but I also listen many (if not more) male artists, groups and bands. My favorite artist is Michael Jackson, btw.
    Impact
    Impact
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male
    Rep : 75

Post by Impact Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:54 pm

Do you want the PC/nuetral answer or the real one?
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:11 am

My musical tastes are so diversified from the 50's on up. I have country music cd's, new age cd's Pop, rap, Divas, Disco, new wave, Dance, Jazz, Blues, Lady GAGA, Madonna, Donna Summer, Diana Ross, No Brittany, (spew, yuk) so what do you all think?

On another note if there is Judy Garland (don't have any of her) or Liza Minelli in the collection its a sure shot he is gay!
    RedBedroom
    RedBedroom
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Female
    Rep : 312

Post by RedBedroom Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:30 am

If his collections boasts Liza, I don't know if he's gay, but he certainly suffers from a poor taste affliction.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:35 am

Opa Shale wrote:Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? AvShalewestgayweb

And ahead of your time!
    Can you tell if someone is gay by their CD collection? Village+People+Cowboy+Mustache
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:38 am

Tony Marino wrote:
    On another note if there is Judy Garland (Friends of Dorothy) (don't have any of her) or Liza Minelli in the collection its a sure shot he is gay!

Streisand? Bette Midler?
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

Post by Nhaiyel Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:45 pm

Much as I don't like to stereotype, I'm going to say that…from what I have observed…yes, there is some truth to it. By and large, heterosexual men do not tend to relate to or connect with that colorful, cheeky or fierce female perspective or flair enough to get into girlie pop and diva's. They can appreciate a sporadic song here and there, but if he's got a significant diva collection, then raise the red flag. The same applies to television too. If he's really into Basketball Wives, Girlfriends, Sex and the City, Designing Women and/or The Golden Girls; then girl…
    captainbryce
    captainbryce
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Male

Post by captainbryce Mon Sep 19, 2011 9:09 pm

Nhaiyel wrote:Much as I don't like to stereotype, I'm going to say that…from what I have observed…yes, there is some truth to it. By and large, heterosexual men do not tend to relate to or connect with that colorful, cheeky or fierce female perspective or flair enough to get into girlie pop and diva's. They can appreciate a sporadic song here and there, but if he's got a significant diva collection, then raise the red flag. The same applies to television too. If he's really into Basketball Wives, Girlfriends, Sex and the City, Designing Women and/or The Golden Girls; then girl…
    I'm looking at my ipod right now. The first and last artist listed under each letter is as follows:

A) Aalyah/Avant
    B) Babyface/Busta Rhymes
    C) Cameo/Curtis Blow
    D) The Dave Matthews Band/Drake
    E) Earth, Wind & Fire/Everclear
    F) Faith Evans/The Fugees
    G) Genuwine/Guns N Roses
    H) Hi-Five/Huey Lewis & The News
    I) Incubus/The Isley Brothers
    J) James Brown/Justin Timberlake
    K) Kanye West/Kris Kross
    L) Lauryn Hill/Luther Vandross
    M) Macy Gray/Musiq Soulchild
    N) Nas/Nu Shooz
    O) The Offspring/Outkast
    P) Paul McCartney/Prince
    Q) Q-Tip/Queen
    R) R Kelly/Rose Royce
    S) Sade/SWV
    T) T-Pain/Tyrese
    U) UB40/Usher
    V) Vanilla Ice
    W) Whitney Houston/Will Smith
    X) Xscape
    #) 112/50 Cent

So, am I gay or straight?
    femme fatale
    femme fatale
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 46

Post by femme fatale Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:20 am

I think if his cd collection is LARGELY of pop females or whaling diva's then that's very suspect.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Sep 22, 2024 6:36 am