Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 Hitskin_logo Hitskin.com

This is a Hitskin.com skin preview
Install the skinReturn to the skin page

CC33
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

HomeportalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.

Go down 
+10
captainbryce
Forgiveness Man
Alan Smithee
Tony Marino
Nystyle709
Supernova
Hyacinth Girl
CeCe
Shale
Chris
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male
Rep : 153

Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 5:47 pm

No liberty and justice for all? Yeah, the thousands murdered legally every year makes that part seem phony. Wink

But again, I fully support somebody's right to not say the pledge for whatever reason they choose from not liking or believing what it says, to thinking it stupid to pledge allegiance to a cloth. Likewise, I support teaching kids the flag if the parents/teachers want to and I support those who do wanna say it. Gotta love freedom of speech! Say it if you want to! Don't say it if you don't want to! Ah, Simplicity!
Back to top Go down
CatEyes10736
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
CatEyes10736

Female
Rep : 126

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 6:33 pm

I know some private and parochial schools are bent on having kids recite The Pledge of Allegiance, but I didn't think public schools did.
Back to top Go down
CeCe
…is a Chamber DEITY.
…is a Chamber DEITY.
CeCe

Rep : 326

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 9:00 pm

I think sometimes people love it more for what they want to believe than what is the actual truth.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male
Rep : 127

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 12:54 am

Forgiveness Man wrote:
No liberty and justice for all? Yeah, the thousands murdered legally every year makes that part seem phony. Wink
You obviously don't even remotely get what we are ACTUALLY talking about and I have a feeling trying to explain it to you rationally would be wasted effort so let's just agree to disagree on that point shall we.

Forgiveness Man wrote:

But again, I fully support somebody's right to not say the pledge for whatever reason they choose from not liking or believing what it says, to thinking it stupid to pledge allegiance to a cloth. Likewise, I support teaching kids the flag if the parents/teachers want to and I support those who do wanna say it. Gotta love freedom of speech! Say it if you want to! Don't say it if you don't want to! Ah, Simplicity!
Agreed. I simply don't understand the logic of "requiring" it to be taught. But so far, I think only one person on here actually answered that part of the question in the affirmative.
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 11:33 am

I know exactly what you are talking about. lol (And anybody should've been able to see that if they were paying attention. Wink ) So either you're just being difficult for the sake of being difficult or you totally didn't get what I was doing in response to what was being discussed. So did something go over your head or are just being a grump? Hmmm, never can tell. Wink But okay, I'll agree to disagree with you. Razz Fine by me! big grin

I don't see the point of "requiring" it much either, since you can't force somebody's feelings. At the same time, that opens up a whole new can of worms on the school/education system in general that go way beyond the scope of this thread.
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2011 8:55 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I know exactly what you are talking about. lol (And anybody should've been able to see that if they were paying attention. Wink )
Well the tone of your response indicates otherwise, so you'll forgive me if I disbelieve you on this point. Bullshit

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I don't see the point of "requiring" it much either, since you can't force somebody's feelings. At the same time, that opens up a whole new can of worms on the school/education system in general that go way beyond the scope of this thread.
Well requiring that someone pass a science, math or history test isn't a form of indoctrination into a belief system. The pledge of allegience (or any pledge for that matter) is more about "obeying" than "knowing".
Back to top Go down
Forgiveness Man
…is a Chamber Royal.
…is a Chamber Royal.
Forgiveness Man

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 5:03 pm

I'll excuse you because you've always had difficulty truly assessing my tone. Wink

I wasn't even going near the passing tests thing. lol Wink
Back to top Go down
captainbryce
…is a Power Member.
…is a Power Member.
captainbryce

Male

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 21, 2011 11:06 pm

Forgiveness Man wrote:
I wasn't even going near the passing tests thing. lol Wink
That is wise. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.   Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pledge of Allegiance -- your opinion.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2