CC33

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CC33

+7
Bluesmama
Alan Smithee
Nystyle709
Supernova
Nhaiyel
Shale
Marc™
11 posters

When You Were a Kid, Did Your Parents Give You a Choice of Punishment?

Marc™
    Marc™
    …is a Chamber DEITY.
    …is a Chamber DEITY.

Male
    Rep : 212

When You Were a Kid, Did Your Parents Give You a Choice of Punishment? Empty When You Were a Kid, Did Your Parents Give You a Choice of Punishment?

Post by Marc™ Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:26 pm

When I was a kid and acting up, sometimes my mother would give me a choice between either getting the belt or staying in the house for the next 3 days. I would always choose the former.

Did your parents ever give you a choice between punishments?
    Shale
    Shale
    ...is a Chamber Royal.
    ...is a Chamber Royal.

Male
    Rep : 219

When You Were a Kid, Did Your Parents Give You a Choice of Punishment? Empty Re: When You Were a Kid, Did Your Parents Give You a Choice of Punishment?

Post by Shale Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:42 pm

No, my parents were pretty much hands on type punishers.
    Nhaiyel
    Nhaiyel
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 123

When You Were a Kid, Did Your Parents Give You a Choice of Punishment? Empty Re: When You Were a Kid, Did Your Parents Give You a Choice of Punishment?

Post by Nhaiyel Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:47 pm

Nope. My punishments weren't democracies.
    Supernova
    Supernova
    The Book Chamber
    The Book Chamber

Female
    Rep : 182

Post by Supernova Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:49 pm

Hell no, you got what they decided on, and each one had something different.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709
    ...is a 20G Chamber DIETY.

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:10 pm

Nah. Wasn't given much of a choice.
    Alan Smithee
    Alan Smithee

Male
    Rep : 381

Post by Alan Smithee Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:39 pm

No. The ass whooping was not a subject for deliberation.
    Bluesmama
    Bluesmama
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 43

Post by Bluesmama Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:44 pm

Opa Shale wrote:No, my parents were pretty much hands on type punishers.

Same here. It could be a willow switch, yard stick, Dad's slipper, or Mom's hand, but "hands on" was definitely their preferred style of punishment.

I was a real piece of work as a child.
    CatEyes10736
    CatEyes10736
    …is a Power Member.
    …is a Power Member.

Female
    Rep : 126

Post by CatEyes10736 Tue Sep 20, 2011 8:47 pm

I think the most they ever did was occasionally allow us to go get their belt. If they didn't like the one you picked out, you were sent back to get another.
    Nystyle709
    Nystyle709

Female
    Rep : 339

Post by Nystyle709 Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:35 pm

CatEyes10736 wrote:I think the most they ever did was occasionally allow us to go get their belt. If they didn't like the one you picked out, you were sent back to get another.

Heh. Same here. My grandmother used to make me do that with her switch.
    JM130ELM
    JM130ELM
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Male
    Rep : 32

Post by JM130ELM Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:51 pm

Just once. At age 10 while being particularly ornery, I turned over a small glass table during a temper tantrum and it broke. My old dude didn't fly into a rage, he calmly told me to go to my room. 20 minutes later he comes up to my room and very diplomatically explained that I fucked up bad and that the consequences had to be severe. But I did get a choice. a) I could get a serious whoppin plus a few days of punishment, or b) I could spend the next month up in my room with no TV, no music, no phone, straight home after school, bedtime at 8. Solitary confinement basically. I chose option A and that beating was severe.
    gingersnaps
    gingersnaps
    …is Necessary.
    …is Necessary.

Female
    Rep : 4

Post by gingersnaps Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:53 pm

Hell no. It would pretty much be a choice between getting yelled at or getting a serious ass whupping from my mom. My grandmother was worse- she chased after my sister with a shovel once..
    Tony Marino
    Tony Marino
    …is a Global Moderator.
    …is a Global Moderator.

Male
    Rep : 607

Post by Tony Marino Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:01 pm

Oh yeah my father gave us a variety of choices, the belt, the hands, the stick, the switch from a tree, a shoe, a broom, and whatever else was handy or nearby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 8:21 am